You want weight loss overnight and may fall prey to online scam selling so-called ‘magical slimming tea’ which is another turn of the screw. The high caffeine content in it aggravates the situation causing stomach irritation, restlessness, nervousness, and fast heartbeat. Your weight gain is not some overnight process and so is weight loss. A weight loss program requires dedication, sincerity and a balanced diet. You can easily lose extra flab around your hips or waist but with patience, so make haste slowly.
You don’t need to starve yourself to shed extra pounds, simply cut 300-500 kcal out of your total caloric intake and you will lose 1,2 pounds of fats every week. If you lose weight steadily and by healthy means, you will be more successful at keeping weight off. Sudden weight loss puts our body into a stress state and we suffer from electrolytes imbalance, malnutrition, dehydration, Fatigue, irritability, headaches, constipation, dizziness, irregular menstruation, loss of muscle, loss of hair and other adverse side effects.
Some questions are popping in your mind like ‘what is my caloric, requirement?’ how can I calculate? Keep reading to find your answer.
The caloric requirement varies from person to person depending on your height, weight, age, and physical activity level. You can calculate your calories from online calories calculator.
- Here is estimated range of your requirement
- Active women ages 14 to 30 years: 2,400 calories
- Sedentary women ages 14 to 30 years: 1,800 to 2,000 calories
- Active men ages 14 to 30 years: 2,800 to 3,200 calories
- Sedentary men ages 14 to 30 years: 2,000 to 2,600 calories
45-65 percent of your total calories should come from carbohydrates. You should incorporate complex carbohydrate (whole grain cereals, fruits, vegetables) in your diet. Eliminate refined carbs and added sugars from your life.
Eat fruits and vegetables with peel to meet your fiber requirement.
- According to Dietary reference intake, your protein requirement is 0.8g/kg body weight. If your weight is 60kg you should consume 48g of protein. Or in other words, almost 15 percent of your calories should come from protein
- Sources: meat, fish, chicken, eggs, dairy, beans, soy foods, nuts, and seeds.
- Your Total fat intake should be somewhere between 20 and 35 percent of your daily calories.
- Good fat is monosaturated fat and you can get good fat from avocados, cheese, whole eggs, olive oil, nuts, fatty fish.
Thirst is often confused with hunger. Water can help you lose weight and provides hydration and suppresses hunger when consumed before meals. And it is 100 percent calorie free and helps you to flush the toxins out of the body. Nessler says. “In general, you should try to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day.”