Don’t underestimate this incredible fruit by its tiny size. Dried apricots are filled to the brim with essential nutrients and fiber. If you’re looking for a tasty way to improve your vision, heal your heart and repair your skin then reach for these little fruits. Fresh apricots undergo a drying process which removes water without declining their nutritional status. Their health benefits are even more increased that help you combat various diseases. Dried apricots contain ample dose of calcium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin A, phosphorous, potassium. Half cup of dry fruit serving is equal to one serving of fresh fruit. One serving of dried apricots includes eight halves of fruit or roughly 28 g.
Following are some amazing and incredible health benefits of tiny nutrient-dense dried apricots.
• Relieves constipation: dried apricots contain pectin and cellulose. Pectin helps in maintain water level whereas cellulose is insoluble fiber which acts as mild laxative and add bulk to feces. So they help in relieving constipation. You can start off by eating 4, 5 halves of dried apricot. You can increase the quantity up to half cup of little more than this. But eating too much can cause cramping
• Combat anemia: dried apricots provide you with a good amount of iron and copper. People who are iron deficient and anemic should incorporate dried apricots in their diet. They help in the production of hemoglobin. Copper present in apricots enhances the absorption of iron by the body.
• Lowers high cholesterol levels: pectin is natural soluble fiber present in dried apricots, helps in binding the extra cholesterol from blood, and removes it out of your body. It reduces the level of LDL (low density lipoprotein) which is notorious for promoting various heart related diseases.
• Improve and preserve vision: you’ve probably heard that carrots are the best treat to your eye for their vitamin A content. Apricots share this key feature with carrots. Vitamin A present in dried apricots delay age related macular degeneration (AMD) by 20 per cent. Other nutrients that delay this vision issue include vitamin C, E, copper, zinc and other minerals and surprisingly all are present in apricots. There is currently no cure for AMD but diet can prevent and delay the onset of this disease.
• Regulation of heartbeat: potassium is the vital mineral that plays a key role in the regulation of electrolyte and fluid balance in the body. It is involved in functioning of heart muscles and improves heartbeat. Dried apricots contain good amount of potassium
Half cup = 1 serving
• Calories: 157
• Carbohydrates: 40 g
• Fiber: 4.8 g
• Protein: 2.2 g
• Fat: 0.4 g
• Vitamin A: 45% RDV
• Calcium: 5% RDV
• Vitamin B6: 5% RDV
• Magnesium: 5% RDV
• Vitamin C: 1% RDV
Just the right amount of right food can take your health to next level providing nifty benefits.
Health1 month ago
Weight Loss at Home with Balanced Diet – See your Requirements
Health1 month ago
How to Cope with Depression with 5 Simple Home Remedies
Gaming1 month ago
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Armor, Balance, and Framerate Issues Addressed
Apple3 weeks ago
Apple Watch Series 4 Is Going To Have An Edge-To-Edge Display
Mobile2 months ago
International Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus factory unlocked for $612, Free shipping
Gaming2 months ago
GTA Online After Hours Guide: Here’s how to Generate Maximum Income
Health1 month ago
Fibromyalgia Signs – How to Manage and Relieve those symptoms
Health2 weeks ago
5 Potent Reason Why You Should Add MCT (medium chain triglyceride) to Your Diet