Riot Games recently has released the mini update version 8.24b for League of Legends along with the patch notes. The developer also explained that this mini update basically just want a champ or item to be stronger or weaker without significantly changing decision making,
“Season’s greetings all! This not-technically-a-patch (no skins or new features) brings one more round of balance changes to stuff your stockings with. You’ll notice most of these patch notes are light on context, which is because most of the changes are in the “simple buff” or “simple nerf” spaces—we basically just want a champ or item to be stronger or weaker without significantly changing decision making. Pyke and Akali are the two exceptions, so we stuck ’em at the top.”
For you who might unfamiliar, ‘League Of Legends’ is a multiplayer online battle arena game. In this game, the player will take the role of an unseen “summoner” which controls a “champion” with unique abilities and battle against a team of other players or computer-controlled champions. The goal is usually to destroy the opposing team’s “nexus”, a structure that lies at the heart of a base protected by defensive structures, although other distinct game modes exist as well.
And what are the changes or new features that Riot has made for this game?
The full patch notes from update 8.24 you can find it on the official website of the game, but here are some details for you to check out below:
W – Twilight Shroud
- [NEW] PRESTEALTH: Akali now briefly obscures (opponents can see her outline but not target her) before stealthing or re-stealthing even if enemies don’t have true sight in the area
- [NEW] FOLLOW THROUGH: Targeted abilities and uncancellable basic attacks (ex. Nasus’s Q – Siphoning Strike are no longer canceled when Akali stealths or re-stealths
- RE-STEALTH TIMING: 0.9/0.8/0.725/0.625 seconds at levels 1/6/9/12 ⇒ 1/0.9/0.825/0.725/0.625 seconds at 1/8/11/20/30 minutes
- REVERTED: 8.24’s nerf has been reverted in favor of the above changes. Duration restored to 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds (max 2-second extension) ⇒ 5/5.5/6/6.5/7 seconds (max 3-second extension).
- MAGIC RESIST GROWTH: 2 ⇒5
Q – Bone Skewer
- MINION & MONSTER DAMAGE: 50% to secondary targets ⇒ 30% to secondary targets (tooltip will be updated in 9.1)
R – Death From Below
- Reminder: Enemies above the execute threshold take physical damage equal to the threshold instead.
- EXECUTE THRESHOLD, LV 6-9: 250/290/330/370 (unchanged)
- EXECUTE THRESHOLD, LV 10-13: 410/450/475/500 ⇒ 400/430/450/470
- EXECUTE THRESHOLD, LV 14-18: 525/550/575/590/605 ⇒ 490/510/530/540/550
Q – Piltover Peacemaker
- BASE DAMAGE 30/70/110/150/190 ⇒ 50/90/130/170/210
- RATIO 1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7 total attack damage (unchanged)
- PASSTHROUGH DAMAGE 67% ⇒ 60%
- R – Ace in the Hole
- RANGE 2000/2500/3000 ⇒ 3500 at all ranks
R – Missile Barrage
- BASE DAMAGE 75/100/125 ⇒ 90/115/140
- THE BIG ONE BASE DAMAGE 150/200/250 ⇒ 180/230/280
- BASE HEALTH 580 ⇒ 610
E – Fling
- DAMAGE 4/5/6/7/8% target’s maximum health ⇒ 6/6.5/7/7.5/8% target’s maximum health
E – Explosive Charge
- BASE DAMAGE 60/70/80/90/100 ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110
- RATIO 0.5/0.65/0.8/0.95/1.1 bonus attack damage ⇒5/0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3 bonus attack damage
- MAXIMUM DAMAGE 132/154/176/198/220 (+1.1/1.43/1.76/2.09/2.42 bonus attack damage) ⇒ 154/176/198/220/242 (+1.1/1.54/1.98/2.42/2.86 bonus attack damage)
W – Blighted Quiver
- UNCHARGED ACTIVE DAMAGE 6/7/8/9/10% target’s missing health (levels 1/4/7/10/13) ⇒ 6/8/10/12/14% target’s missing health (levels 1/4/7/10/13)
- FULLY CHARGED ACTIVE DAMAGE 9/10.5/12/13.5/15% target’s missing health (levels 1/4/7/10/13) ⇒ 9/12/15/18/21% target’s missing health (levels 1/4/7/10/13)
R – Chain of Corruption
- DAMAGE 100/175/250 (+1.0 ability power) ⇒ 150/200/250 (+1.0 ability power)
- BASE ATTACK DAMAGE 63 ⇒ 65
League of Legends is currently available for PC.