Yes, in this article, I will guide you how to find cheat codes on the game along with the list of cheat codes which available in Red Dead Redemption 2, and also (of course), the trick to unlock them.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an adventure game which gives you experience in an open world set up in Western. In this game, you will act as Arthur Morgan, an outlaw and a member of the Van der Linde gang. The game features both hunting and fishing, which provide food, income, and materials for crafting items.
Actually, there are plenty of absurd modifiers and things to spawn for players who want to wreak the confusion in order to increase your experience in the game. And here, I will make it easier for you to find the cheat codes and how to unlock them all.
Where can you find Cheat Codes in Red Dead Redemption 2?
As I said before, there are plenty of absurd modifiers and things in the game, which you might have come across, but didn’t realize it. Many of codes could be found at random, imprint into a cabinet in a gloomy cabin or camp, or probably scratched into ice.
Anyway, to make it easier for you, the most assured way to find the cheat codes is with “buying newspapers”. You can head to Saint Denis, Valentine, or Blackwater, then buy Saint Denis Times, New Hanover Gazette, and Blackwater Ledger from the newspaper seller in town.
Certain newspapers will only be available after clearing special flashpoints in the story, and a number of cheats are actually locked off depending on your progress. To get the best experience, you probably want to finish the expedition first.
If you have already beat the game then you should be gained the amount of cash, use it to buy the newspapers. Once you get the newspaper, then flip it over and zoom in to the bottom of the paper. If the paper contains a cheat code, then you will find a little tagline underneath one of the articles which contain a phrase. You will have to type that phrase to unlock the identical cheat code.
Now, how to enter the Cheat Codes you have found?
To unlock the cheat codes in Red Dead Redemption 2 is not too much difficult though, you just need to follow the steps:
- Hit pause to access the main menu
- Go to the Settings tab, then look in the bottom right corner you will find ‘Cheats’
- Tap Triangle/Y to navigate to that screen
- Tap Triangle/Y once more to open up a text box for you to type the phrases you have found
- Toggle or tap the cheat codes to activate them in your game
I have to warn you that unlocked the cheat codes will disable your saving progress and Trophies or Achievements. So you should enter all the codes you want, then do the manual saving of your game to lock them in before start experiments with the cheat codes.
The List Of Cheat Codes in Red Dead Redemption 2
To be noted, when you entering the cheat codes, capitalization isn’t important, but punctuation is required as written for the codes to work. Most of the codes can be entered at any point, but some will require you to purchase the newspaper which contained them first.
And here’s the list of cheat codes in Red Dead Redemption 2 which have been found so far:
- “Abundance is the dullest desire” – Gives Arthur infinite ammunition (Purchase newspaper from Chapter 1 onwards)
- “A simple life, a beautiful death” – Gives Arthur a set of Basic Weapons
- “Greed is American virtue” – Gives Arthur a set of Heavy Weapons (Purchase newspaper after completing “Advertising, the New American Art” in Chapter 3)
- “Death is silence” – Gives Arthur a set of Stealth Weapons
- “History is written by fools” – Gives Arthur the Gunslinger side mission weapons
- “You long for sight and see nothing” – Removes Fog of War from the map (Purchase newspaper after completing “Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern” in Chapter 3)
- “Greed is now a virtue” – Gives Arthur $500
- “Vanity. All is vanity” – Instantly unlocks all in-game outfits
- “Eat of knowledge” – Teaches Arthur every crafting recipe
- “Share” – Unlocks every camp upgrade
- “Virtue unearned is not virtue” – Gives Arthur maximum Honor (Purchase newspaper after completing “Urban Pleasures” in Chapter 4)
- “You revel in your disgrace, I see” – Gives Arthur minimum Honor
- “Balance. All is balance” – Gives Arthur neutral Honor
- “Be greedy only for foresight” – Gives Arthur Infinite Dead-Eye
- “The lucky be strong evermore” – Gives Arthur Infinite Stamina (Purchase newspaper after completing Chapter 5)
- “Guide me better” – Dead Eye Level 1
- “Make me better” – Dead Eye Level 2
- “I shall be better” – Dead Eye Level 3
- “I still seek more” – Dead Eye Level 4
- “I seek and I find” – Dead Eye Level 5
- “Seek all the bounty of this place” – Permanently increases Arthur’s Health, Stamina and Dead-Eye meters
- “You flourish before you die” – Fills Arthur’s Health, Stamina and Dead-Eye meters
- “You seek more than the world offers” – Fills meters and fortifies Arthur’s cores (Purchase newspaper after completing “The King’s Son” in Chapter 6)
- “My kingdom is a horse” – Increases Arthur’s Horse Bonding level
- “Better than my dog” – Let’s Arthur call his horse from any range
- “A fool on command” – Plies Arthur with alcohol, induces drunkenness
- “Run! Run! Run!” – Spawns a race horse
- “You are a beast built for war” – Spawns a War Horse (Purchase newspaper after completing the Epilogue)
- “You want more than you have” – Spawns a Superior Horse (Arabian)
- “You want something new” – Spawns a random horse
- “The best of the old ways” – Spawns a stagecoach
- “Keep your dreams simple” – Spawns a wagon
- “Keep your dreams light” – Spawns a horse-drawn buggy
- “Would you be happier as a clown?” – Spawns a Circus Wagon (Purchase newspaper after completing the Epilogue)
- “You want punishment” – Gives Arthur a Wanted Level
- “You want freedom” – Drops Arthur’s Wanted Level
- “You want everyone to go away” – Removes Arthur’s notoriety/bounties
There you go, all the cheat codes from Red Dead Redemption 2 for you to unlock! Hopefully will make your western experience become more excited.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is currently available for PS4 and Xbox One.