How To Find Skype Id – The Ultimate Guide
If you have more than one Skype account, your Skype name serves as an identifier for each account. It appears as a string of digits and characters that begins with the word “live.”
For a long time before Microsoft acquired Skype, this ID was just a customised username that users could use when establishing a new account. If you established your Skype account during the company’s early days, it is possible that you still retain that customised username.
Regardless, neither an existing username nor a newly generated randomised name may be modified at this time. Although you cannot modify your Skype display name, you may learn how to do so in our post “How to change your Skype display name, in order to make it simpler for friends or employers to locate you.”
This ID may be accessed in many places, including your Skype profile, the iPhone and Android mobile apps, as well as in the Skype desktop application. Both procedures are almost similar in their execution.
How to locate your Skype ID on your mobile app
- 1: Launch the Skype application on your smartphone or tablet.
- 2. Select your profile image from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. It is possible that your initials will appear inside a grey circle if you do not have a profile picture associated with your account.
- This will cause a pop-up window to appear. Click on “Skype profile” in the “Manage” area of the screen.
- Your Skype Name may be found in the “Profile” section, immediately above the email address that was used to register the account.
How to locate your Skype ID on your desktop app
1. Launch the Skype application on your computer’s desktop.
2. Select your profile image, which is located at the top-left of the page. It is possible that your initials will appear inside a grey circle if you do not have a profile picture associated with your account.
3. Select “Skype profile” from the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up window will appear, in which you will be able to discover your Skype Name under the “Profile” header.
In most cases, your Skype name will be nothing more than a random series of letters and numbers.
How do I find someone’s Skype ID?
Is Skype name and ID the same?
How can I send someone my Skype ID?
- Click on your profile picture.
- Click. Skype profile.
- Click. Share profile.
- In the Share and connect window you can: …
- Once they’ve accepted, you can enjoy chatting with your new contact.