When you hear the word Diet, the haunting idea of daunting task and restrictions comes to your mind. Well, that’s not the case anymore. Diet is just a balanced eating to reap health benefits of incredible foods we daily eat. This diet is followed in Greek and Italy back in the 1960s. Mediterranean diet is one of the world’s most efficient and healthy diet to lose fat, control blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of depression, anxiety, heart stroke and Alzheimer’s disease. Variety and range of this diet vary according to country and region you live in but generally its combination of fruits, vegetables, olive oil, whole grains, and legumes with a low serving of dairy and protein (lean source).
High intake: vegetables, fruits, legumes, potatoes, whole grains nuts, seeds, extra virgin olive, bread, herbs, spices, fish, and seafood is consumed in high amount.Moderate intake: poultry, eggs, cheese, and dairy is consumed in moderate amount.
Very low intake: red meat should be consumed on rare occasions
No intake: processed meat, Sugar-sweetened beverages, refined oils, added sugars, refined grains, and other highly processed foods should be eliminated from the diet.
Mediterranean diet – snacks
You’re advised to take only 3 meals a week but between your meals, you can snack on healthy items mentioned below
• Greek yogurt
• Apple slice with butter
• Some berries
• A handful of nuts
• A handful of dry fruits
• Carrots or vegetable fingers
• A medium sized fruit
• Consume 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day i.e. Carrots, onions, broccoli, spinach, kale, garlic, Apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, etc.
• Include fish in your diet, at least two portions a week.
• Choose unsaturated oils and fats and reduce their consumption.
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of fluid a day.
• Incorporate whole grains in diet rather than refined ones.
• Switch your cooking oil to extra virgin olive oil. Add EVO to your salad dressing or use it as flavor booster on fish streaks.
• Instead of gobbling your food, enjoy. Eat with your family and friends rather than sitting in front of the TV.
How to Add Friends on Nintendo Switch
How to Earn Bells in Animal Crossing – 5 Ways
How to Add a Stop on Apple Maps
How to Get Peacock TV on Roku
How to Cancel Your Peacock Subscription and Change Plans
How to Get Coins in Pokémon GO
How to Register Songs in Animal Crossing
How to Use Enchanted Books in Minecraft
How Get the AE86 in Forza Horizon 5
How to Do Finisher Moves in Destiny 2
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology2 years ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide4 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming4 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch