AI, AR, and VR: The Impact of Dominating Tech Trends on Online Gaming
With developing tech trends like big data, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, and virtual reality, the future of the online gaming market is looking bright. These sophisticated innovations are bringing in billions of games from across the world, raking in hundreds of billions in revenue.
In 2020, research shows the online gaming market generated $21.1 billion in revenue, translating to a 21.9% growth from 2019. The boost was mainly due to the lockdown that forced people to look for alternative entertainment options while at home, bolstered by the availability of sophisticated technologies. Here’s how AI, VR, AR and other technologies impact online gaming.
Artificial intelligence in Online Gaming
Artificial intelligence is among the latest technologies impacting the gaming market differently. This technology is solving different problems in the online gaming market, ranging from customer support in real money pokies sites like https://www.australiainternetpokies.com/ to enhancing game security. Some of the major impacts of AI in online gaming include:
- Enhanced gaming experience – Artificial intelligence helps to make videos more creative and vibrant, creating a more immersive feel for gamers. That encourages them to play the game more often.
- Control online gaming addiction – While online games are entertaining, they are addictive. Artificial intelligence keeps track of the gamer’s activities and behavior, which helps operators to develop the necessary measures to avoid online gaming addiction. That’s especially helpful in the online gambling market.
- Reduction of human labor – Running online games isn’t easy. It requires a team of developers, software providers and support staff that analyze the game functions in the live setting and take the required actions to improve the players’ experience. AI-based systems reduce the need for human labor, as the algorithms can analyze the data quickly and customize the content to the needs of different players.
Augmented reality and Virtual reality in Online Gaming
While virtual reality and augmented reality are two different technologies, they’re basically two sides of the same coin. These two technologies tremendously influence the online gaming market by creating more immersive and personalized gaming environments.
Augmented reality aims to bring artificial things to the physical world, while virtual reality creates artificial environments where players can immerse themselves. With AR technology, developers use 3D graphics to super-impose computer-based images on the player’s view of the real world. That’s possible as computers use algorithms and sensors to know your camera’s orientation.
In virtual reality, computers use similar algorithms and senses while using your eyes to relocate you to an imitated environment. That means if you turn your head while using the virtual reality gear, the graphics will react accordingly. However, VR gives you a convincing and interactive environment where the users can respond.
In 2022, VR and AR are reshaping the online gaming markets with their revolutionary actions, including:
- The revival of 3D images in the gaming industry for an enthralling experience
- Improved real-time interactions
- A captivating gaming experience
- Rise of more versatile and engaging gaming content