Your YouTube channel name should be able to summarize the content of your channel, although the focus of your channel may shift over time. And if it doesn’t accurately portray what you do any longer, it could be time for a redesign. That requires you to change the name of your channel.
Here is how to accomplish that, as well as what the implications are for your YouTube channel and your Google account.
Read Also: How to Enable YouTube Dark Mode
- 1 How to Change YouTube Channel Name on Desktop
- 2 How to Change YouTube Channel name on Mobile
- 3 Video
- 4 FAQs
How to Change YouTube Channel Name on Desktop
1. Navigate to the YouTube website and, if prompted to do so, sign in to your account.
2. Navigate to your channel by clicking the icon of your profile that is located in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
3. Choose the blue button labelled Customize Channel from the menu.
4. Navigate to the tab labelled Basic Info.
5. Next to the name of your current channel, you’ll see an icon that looks like a pencil. Click on this icon to edit your channel.
6. Within the text box, provide the name you want to give your channel.
7. To modify the name of your channel, go to the top right corner of the screen and click the blue Publish button.
How to Change YouTube Channel name on Mobile
On an iPhone or an Android, the procedure is exactly the same.
1. Launch the YouTube app on your mobile device and sign in to your account if it’s required.
2. Select your picture from the menu that appears in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
3. Select Your Channel.
4. Select the Edit Channel option.
5. To edit your profile, click the icon that looks like a pencil and is located next to your name.
6. In the text box, enter the name of the channel you want to subscribe to, and then press the checkmark in the upper-right corner, or OK, depending on the phone you’re using.
Why can’t I change my YouTube channel name?
If you have tried to change your name but have been unsuccessful, it is most likely that this is because it has already been changed three times within a period of ninety days. You will not be able to make any further changes to it for the next three months.
How many times can you change your name on YouTube?
Three times every three months
Your new name on YouTube will be reflected throughout all of your content, including your channel, videos, and any comments you leave on other users’ videos. Take note that you are only allowed to modify the name of your channel three times per ninety days. After making a change to your name, it could take a few days for the new name to be updated and displayed everywhere on your YouTube account.
Can two Youtubers have the same name?
You cannot do that since doing so would violate the trademark rights of the other channel.
Should I use my real name on YouTube?
On YouTube, you are free to choose any name you choose, including your real name, a pseudonym, a term related to the content of your channel, or even a nickname.
Which name is best for YouTube channel?
Using both your first and last name as your Channel Name is the approach that is the least complicated and the most common. And if you intend to be the “face” of your channel, this strategy will work really well for you. Take, for instance, the case of Marie Forleo, an entrepreneur who has built a powerful personal brand.
Are YouTube channel names copyrighted?
In a nutshell, it is impossible to obtain copyright protection for the name of a YouTube Channel. It is impossible to obtain copyright protection for names, even the name of your channel on YouTube. However, in many cases, you will be able to TRADEMARK the name of a YouTube Channel.
How to Delete a Bitmoji
How to Log Out of Fortnite on PS4
How to Pin Someone on Snapchat
How To Clear Snapchat Cache On iPhone
4 Best Forex Trading App
Learn How to Get Free Robux & Roblox Codes in (June 2022)
Is Human Fall Flat Cross-platform: Here’s What You Need to Know June Updated
Diskeeper 18 Professional 20.0.1300 (Updated)
Here is the Detail about I Own AMC NFT Value – How Much You Worth? Updated
Apeirophobia Roblox Wiki A Complete Walkthtough Guide [Updated]
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology2 years ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide3 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming4 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch