When you prepare for an easy move, there are numerous things to think about. One of them is how to move your mattress. How can you bring it home safely?
The products have different types of factory packaging. The most common form is a transparent film that completely covers the mattress. It is meant to protect the item from damage, moisture, dust, and dirt. It is possible to put a mattress covered in thick layers of plastic under snow or rain, and nothing will happen.
Another kind of mattress is one that is vacuum-packed. Mattresses are vacuum-packed using a special device that takes the air out of it. After this, it is wrapped in a layer of protection and then wrapped in a roll. The mattress is convenient to carry as it is as compact as possible. The buyer can remove the film from the mattress and then take it off when he gets home. The bed will be ready for use within some hours.
How do you transport your mattress and how to Pack a Mattress for Moving?
Orthopedic mattresses should not only be stored and used correctly. It is essential to transport the product correctly. Transport conditions can have a significant impact on the quality of the product as well as its longevity. These are the most important points to remember According to experts from Simpler.
What is the reason to ensure that a mattress is transported correctly? Failure to follow the transport regulations can lead to deformation, mechanical damage, and future problems. The same is true of the packaging. Moving a mattress without its packaging could lead to unpleasant shocks, like mechanical damage to the mattress shell and staining on the surface.
Mattresses to pack for transportation:
- In the beginning, here’s how you can pack the orthopedic mattress. The mattress is protected from mechanical and dirt damage. If you’re collecting the mattress from a retailer, this is no problem. Because during the manufacturing stage orthopedic mattresses are packaged in vacuum polyethylene packaging: strong and impervious to damage.
- It’s much easier to move mattresses that are thin including futons and toppers. It is possible to remove the mattress topper of the store and return it to its original packaging. The majority of items are packaged in a roll and take up a small amount of space, so they will fit inside the back of your vehicle. Products that have been in use should be transported in a sturdy carrying case. Topper pouches are made from durable fabrics that provide adequate protection from dirt and damage during transport and storage.
- Do you need to move your orthopedic mattress from one location to another? No problem. You can wrap your orthopedic mattress in heavy polyethylene film. You can use multiple layers of this film when needed.
How to transport a Mattress Yourself: Basic Rules
It is possible to move mattresses on your own, adhering to a few basic rules if you do not order a mattress moving service. The first concern is the product’s place. It is best to place orthopedic mattresses horizontally. This is crucial in cases where the mattress needs to be moved over for long distances.
Please note: transporting an orthopedic mattress in an upright position can cause stretching of the springs as well as the padding. Also, laying the mattress on its side or sitting for more than 48 hours is not allowed.
Do not place bulky objects on the mattress surface. The mattress could be affected by deflections or sagging from things like bags, drawers, and appliances. Professional mattress flat rate moving in nyc companies can assist you.
Also, remember the best method of moving the mattress is:
- If you can, take the mattress using the back of a truck. or in the large boot of a van. It is not recommended to attempt to fit the mattress into a small vehicle or in a passenger compartment. The mattress is not in the correct position and it will be distorted.
- Do not place any sharp objects or baggage close to the mattress as they could cause damage to the mattress. Avoid liquids and household chemicals.
- In no way should you carry the mattress on the car roof. Because the weight on the mattress won’t be evenly dispersed. If there is not enough room in your vehicle, it is best (and more secure!) to move your mattress with cargo.
The area that you’re moving a mattress must be completely flat. You can also place fiberboard or strong cardboard under the mattress. Make sure, however, that the mattress does not contain sharp edges or splinters that can harm the mattress packaging as well as the mattress itself.
Properly transporting a mattress protects it from deformations, damage or sagging. It also prevents deflections within the structure. Use plastic wrap or factory packing to properly pack your mattress before you transport it. The orthopedic mattress is best transported horizontally. It shouldn’t be transported on its back or back or over the top of the vehicle.
These rules will reduce the life span of your mattress and may result in damage to the spring. This could result in uncomfortable squeaks or sleeping problems. Professional mattress movers are more efficient than you.