When to take the CCNA certification exam is decided by the examinees themselves when they sign up. As long as within the business hours of the local exam center, they can sign up for and take the exam at any time. Generally, they take the exam two or three days after signing up for it! The validity period of CCNA certificate is three years. Recertification: within the validity period of CCNA, if you take an additional exam with code 642 (the exam of CCNP starts with 642), you can automatically refresh the validity period, subject to the date of the newly taken exam. However, if the validity period of CCNA is over, you should take CCNA certification exam again.
Passing CCNA certification proves your ability to install, configure, run and troubleshoot medium-sized routing and switching networks. Professionals with the CCNA certificate have the corresponding knowledge and skills to establish connections with remote sites through WAN, eliminate basic security threats, and understand the requirements of wireless network access. The content of CCNA certification training includes (but is not limited to) the use of the following protocols: IP, EIGRP, serial line interface protocol, frame relay, RIPv2, VLAN, Ethernet and Access Control List (ACL).
CCNA certification exam and training
640-802 (INTRO) will be replaced by the new exam, 200-120 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND) on September 30, 2013.
The required exams:
640-821 INTRO Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO)
640-811 ICND Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND)
The validity period of spoto CCNA certificate
The validity period of CCNA certificate is 3 years. After 3 years, you need to take the recertification exam. If you have obtained a higher level of Cisco certificate within 3 years, the validity period of your CCNA certificate will be automatically updated. After the expiration of the recertification exam of CCNA, you must take the exam of 640-822 ICND, or take any exam of CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP certification, or take any exam prefixed with 642-xxx of Cisco Qualified Specialist certifications. For recertification, you must pass the existing CCNA exam, or ICND exam, or pass any of the 642 professional level or Cisco Qualified Specialist exams (excluding sales expert exam), or pass the existing CCIE written exam.
If you want to develop your career in the field of network, it is recommended that you take the CCNA certification exam. It is an entry-level certification and is very useful. Currently, Cisco’s certificates are the most popular. Huawei’s certificates are not recommended. And too many examiners have passed Microsoft’s MCSE. It is said that there are more than 100,000 holders of MCSE certificate in China, so it will be less useless to obtain one.
Cisco certification system
Cisco Systems, Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of Intranet and Internet networks. Cisco’s software and hardware products have great versatility, so that people can access information at any time, any place, through any type of computer system.
■（Cisco Certified Network Associate，CCNA）
Brief introduction to CCNA certification: the certificate can prove that the holder has mastered the basic knowledge of network, can use the interface of LAN and WAN to install and configure Cisco router, switch and simple LAN and WAN, provide primary troubleshooting service, and improve the performance and security of network.
Exam content: mainly including Cisco network device interconnection (ICND).
Exam question types: multiple choice, fill-in-the-blanks.
- CCNA certification belongs to the entry certification of Cisco after-sales engineer certification system. Passing CCNA certification proves that you have mastered the basic knowledge of network, and can initially install, configure and operate Cisco routers, switches and simple LAN and WAN. The certified personnel have the basic technology and relevant knowledge of networking for the SOHO market. Certified professionals of CCNA can install, configure and run LAN, Wan and dial-up access services in small networks (100 or less nodes). The protocols they can use include (but are not limited to) IP, IGRP, IPX, Serial, Apple, Talk, Frame, Relay, IP RIP, VLAN RIP, Ethernet and Access Lists.
They can configure the access layer switch according to the given requirements;
They can use the command line to configure VLAN, VTP, IEEEE802.1Q and ISL;
They can describe the function and operation of static and dynamic routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP);
They can use SHOW and DEBVG commands to determine the exception of routing protocol;
They can configure standard and extended access lists;
They can use command line interface to configure serial interface (PPP, HDLC).
- Prerequisites for applying for CCNA certification
There is no requirement for candidates to get any certificate before applying for CCNA certification exam. At the same time, there are no rigid regulations on candidates’ age, educational background and foreign language level.
3、CCNA certification exam
Now there are two ways to participate in the exam: 1. Take the 640-801 CCNA exam; 2. Take 640-821 INTRO and 640-811 ICND respectively.
- The validity period of CCNA certification
The validity period of CCNA certificate is three years. After three years, you need to take the recertification exam. If you get a higher level of Cisco certificate within two years, the validity period of your CCNA certificate will be automatically updated.
- Recertification exam of CCNA
After the expiration of the validity period, you must take the exam numbered 640-811CND, or take any exam of CCNP, CCIP, CCSP certification, or take any exam prefixed with 642-xxx of Cisco Qualified Specialist certifications.
6、SPOTO provides high quality CCNA certification training courses and the latest exam dumps.
The content of the new certification includes:
WAN connection; Network security implementation; Network type; Network media; the principle of routing and switching; TCP / IP, OSI reference model and other basic knowledge of the old CCNA network. In addition, the basic knowledge of WLAN is added.
Besides, you can pass the new CCNA certification through either of the following two ways:
1、 Pass 640-822 ICND1 (CCENT) new course and 640-816 ICND2 course.
2、 Pass the 640-802 comprehensive certification course directly.
The main points of the new CCNA 640-802 exam are as follows:
- Describe how the network works
- Configure, inspect and repair VLAN and switch in switching communication environment
- Implement IP services and IP address planning in line with the needs of medium-sized enterprise office network
- Configure, verify and maintain basic router operations
- Understand WLAN and choose suitable WLAN management
- Identify network security threats and describe general methods to mitigate them
- Implement, test and maintain NAT and ACLs in office network of small and medium enterprise
- Implement and verify WAN connection
Introduction to the newly added knowledge points of wireless in the new version of CCNA certification exam:
- Explain and select the appropriate manageable WLAN tasks.
- Describe wireless related standards (including IEEE, WIFI, ITU / FCC).
- Identify and describe the use of small infinite network structure (including SSID, BSS, ESS).
- Determine the basic configuration of the wireless network device to ensure that it is connected to the correct intervention point.
- Compare the characteristics and performance of different wireless security protocols (including: open, WPA, WEP-1/2)
- Understand the common problems in the implementation of WLAN (including interface and configuration errors)
【note】 The deadline for the old version of 640-801, 640-821, 640-811 is November 6, 2007.
You can sign up for the NA exam at the local VUE exam center.
When to take the CCNA certification exam is decided by yourself. You need to register online on weekdays. And you can make an appointment three working days in advance.