Best Tera Type for Each Pokémon
When it comes to Tera types for Pokémon, there are a few different factors to consider. The most important thing to keep in mind is that a Pokémon’s Tera type should ideally cover one of its weaknesses. This allows the Pokémon to be more versatile in battle and less vulnerable to certain types of attacks.
One example of this is using a Ground Tera type on a Gyarados. Gyarados is naturally weak to Electric attacks, but with a Ground Tera type, it becomes immune to Electric attacks. It can also use the powerful move Earthquake as its STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) move. This makes it a formidable opponent against Electric type Pokémon, as well as other types that are weak to Ground attacks.
Water Tera type Cetitan
Water Tera type on a pure Ice type Pokémon like Cetitan. With a Water Tera type, Cetitan becomes immune to Fire attacks and can use the powerful move Hydro Pump as its STAB move. This makes it a formidable opponent against Fire type Pokémon, as well as other types that are weak to Water attacks.
The new Terror type mechanic in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, also known as terrestrialization. It adds a new element to competitive team building. 18 Pokemon types and the ability for each Pokemon to terastallize, players have a lot of options to choose from.
Here are the top six Terror types that are expected to be the most effective when used defensively:
- Flying Terror Type: The flying Terror type gives a Pokemon immunity to ground types. This is a great option for Pokemon like Magneton. Which would be able to dish out stab damage from its Steel type moves. While also getting rid of its weaknesses towards ground types.
- Ground Terror Type: The ground Terror type gives a Pokemon immunity to Electric types. Pokemon like Gyarados can take advantage of this by getting rid of their weakness to Electric types. While also being able to boost moves like earthquake.
- Ghost Terror Type: The Ghost Terror type gives a Pokemon immunity to Normal and Fighting types. Pokemon like Weavile or Tetar would be effective defensively with this type. Which allow them more turns to shift the battle in their favor.
- Fighting Terror Type: The Fighting Terror type is a bit niche. Pokemon like Mimikyu could benefit the most from it. By giving them an offensive option against potential Steel type enemies.
- Steel Terror Type: The Steel Terror type is one of the best defensive typings with 10 types resisted. Pokemon like Azumarill would do great with this type, adding even more bulk to their already tanky builds.
- Dark Terror Type: The Dark Terror type gives a Pokemon immunity to Psychic types. This type would be great for Pokemon like Hydreigon, which already has a strong special defense stat.
It’s important to note that in order to terastallize. A Pokemon must have a Terra orb and it will need to be recharged. After use by either touching crystals with terrestrial energy or by going to the Pokemon Center.
When a terastallized Pokemon uses a move that matches its Terror type or its original types, the move is stronger. It’s also worth mentioning that Terror types are not set by species and can vary by Pokemon.
It’s worth experimenting with different Tera types for your Pokémon to see which one works best for you. While online battles and raids may require different strategies, it’s important to remember that a Tera type that covers a Pokémon’s weaknesses is generally considered the best choice.