The Photos application in macOS, just like the Photos application in iOS and iPadOS, is the most effective way to view photos that are stored in iCloud Photos. This is true for both operating systems. The still photographs are arranged in groupings, and inside those categories, you may watch the Memories that were put together using the moving pictures and still photographs.
Images can be dragged and dropped from the Photos app onto any other folder on your Mac, regardless of where they were originally stored. You can also use the drag-and-drop functionality to import images into other applications like Apple Pages and Microsoft Word. Therefore, the purpose of this essay is to explain how photographs that have been saved in iCloud can be retrieved using a Mac.
Read Also: How to Delete Steam Game on Your Mac
How to Access iCloud Photos on Your Mac
If the photographs that you have stored in iCloud Photos do not appear in the Photos program that comes pre-installed on your Mac, you may need to enable the function so that you may view those photographs. This may be the case if you want to view those photographs. To ensure that you come out on top in this endeavour, make sure that you carry out each of the steps that are stated below completely:
1. First, you’ll need to click the Apple icon that’s found in the top-left hand corner of the display to open the System Preferences menu.
2. Choose the one that corresponds to your Apple ID from the options.
3. Choose iCloud from the list of alternatives that are situated on the left side of the display. The Photos option may be accessed through the drop-down menu that is located next to the iCloud Apps option on this particular Mac.
4. When you attempt to use the app, it is possible that you will be prompted to check in to your iCloud account in order to continue. There is also a chance that Apple will ask you to check your iCloud account settings before continuing to use the cloud storage service.
5. Launch the Photos application on your mobile device, and from the list of options available in the left pane, select either the Library or a particular album to obtain access to the images that are stored on your device.
Why can’t I see my iCloud photos on a Mac?
If some of your images stored in iCloud aren’t showing up on your Mac, there could be a few different reasons for this, and the solutions to these problems are listed below:
- It is essential that you update your software. It’s possible that the Photos app or your MacOS are out of date, which would result in synchronization problems. To see if there are any updates available, select Apple > App Store > Updates from the menu that appears.
- It appears that you are currently logged in to a different iCloud account. Click on the Apple menu, then select System Preferences, and then select iCloud to check that you are indeed logged in to the correct iCloud account.
- iCloud has reached its storage limit. If there is insufficient space in your iCloud account, it will not be able to download any new pictures from your device. You can view the amount of free space in your iCloud storage by selecting the Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud from the menu that appears on your screen. You can also navigate to iCloud.com > Account Settings > Storage if you are using Safari.
How can I get access to my photos stored in iCloud on my Apple TV?
You will need to navigate to the Settings menu on your Apple TV, pick Users and Accounts, input your account name, and then select the option to turn on iCloud Photographs before you will be able to see the photos stored in your iCloud account. The next step is to fire up the Photos application on your Apple TV and select Library from the app’s menu.