How to Add Friends on the PS5
Every day, more and more gamers get their hands on the PlayStation 5, and many of them are surprised to find themselves gazing at a screen that isn’t quite what they were anticipating.
This article will teach you how to add friends on the PlayStation 5, as well as how to find new friends, delete friends, and find other useful hints and tips.
Read Also: How to Transfer Data from Your PS4 to PS5
How to Add Friends on PlayStation 5
The process of inviting friends to join you in your PlayStation 5 game is straightforward, and there are a variety of compelling reasons to do so. Here’s what you should do in this situation.
1. To begin, power on your PlayStation 5 and hit the PS button on your DualSense controller to activate it.
2. To access the bottom menu, swipe down from the top of the screen.
3. Choose Game Base from the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down and select View All Friends.
5. Search may be found by scrolling to the right.
6. To find players, scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
7. Fill in the blanks with the name of the buddy you’d like to include.
TIP: You may also add a friend by visiting the Players you may know feature, which has a list of common friends and acquaintances.
8. When you’ve located the person you’d want to add as a friend, click on Add Friend.
9. Wait for them to accept your buddy request before moving on.
Reasons to Add Playstation Friends
New to console gaming or simply haven’t played one since before the internet? You might be wondering why you even want to have friends on your PlayStation 5. There’s a few good reasons why.
- You’ll always have people to play with online. It’s possible to play multiplayer games online with strangers but it’s never as much fun as playing with a buddy. Team up with a friend and you’ll have a lot more fun and generally be more successful too.
- You have someone to talk to. It’s easy to create a party with a friend on your PlayStation 5 and simply chat while you both play different games. It’s a great way of socializing from home.
- You can combine your efforts. Some games offer online achievements which are simply much easier to complete with teamwork. Having a ready group of friends to team up with means you can easily do this whenever’s convenient.
Can you add PS4 friends on PS5?
PS5 console users may use the PlayStation Camera to let their friends who have PS4 consoles to see their game screen or check out their PS5 games for free by enabling PlayStation Share Play on their consoles. If you want to play co-op games with a friend, you may either virtually give over your controller or virtual pass a second controller to your friend.
Why can’t I add friends on PlayStation?
A number of gamers will be unable to add friends because their accounts have been customized to allow just certain people to access their accounts. In the PlayStation settings, in the Users and Accounts area, under the “control how people view you and interact with you” tab, you may make changes to your individual user and account setups, as well as your overall user and account preferences.