How To Become An Affiliate On Twitch
Because becoming a Twitch Affiliate is the first big step on the path to earning notoriety on the network, many new streamers have established this as their ultimate goal for their time spent broadcasting on the platform. Affiliate status comes with a number of perks, the most significant of which is the ability to someday generate money off of your work through the sale of subscriptions, Bits, and games. Other benefits include:
However, before you can start reaping the rewards of becoming a Twitch Affiliate, which are some amazing perks, there are a few conditions that you need to complete. These prerequisites can be found in the following sentence.
Read Also: How to Set Up Twitch Channel Point Rewards
How To Get Affiliate Status On Twitch
Although the standards for becoming a Twitch Affiliate are slightly less stringent than those for becoming a Twitch Partner, they still demand a significant amount of work and dedication.
To become a Twitch Affiliate, you are need to do the following:
- Have at least fifty people subscribed to your channel.
- Spend at least five hundred minutes doing broadcasting over the course of a month.
- Stream on each of the seven days of the week.
- Have at least three people watching at the same time.
Follow the steps below to see how far along you are on your journey to become a Twitch Affiliate:
- Launch Twitch in the web browser of your choice and login in to access your account.
- Simply select your profile picture from the menu that appears in the upper-right hand corner of the home screen.
- Make your selection from the available options on the menu to access the Creator Dashboard.
- To view your achievements, go to the Creator Panel, click the Insights menu on the left sidebar, then choose Achievements.
- To open up this achievement’s full potential, click on the Path to Affiliate achievement. From this location, you will be able to check the progress that you have made toward fulfilling the requirements.
You will receive an invitation to join the Affiliate programme once you have finished all of the needed procedures for participating in it. It’s possible that this won’t take place right away after finishing the chores. In point of fact, the time it takes for Twitch to send an invite can range anywhere from one to three weeks.
You will be notified of your acceptance into the Affiliate programme via email as well as a Twitch notification, which can be located in the upper-right hand corner of the website. After that, to begin the procedure, you will need to click the Get Started button. When you do so, you will be taken to the section titled Preferences, which can be found in the Creator Dashboard panel.
The final stage in the registration process consists of filling out a few fields with the fundamental information required for participation in the programme.
Benefits Of Being A Twitch Affiliate
As was just discussed, one of the most significant advantages of becoming a Twitch Affiliate is the ability to monetize the content that you create. There are many different methods to make money, but the technique that is both the most common and the most lucrative is to accept channel subscriptions.
In addition to this, becoming a Twitch Affiliate brings you one step closer to the position of Twitch Partner, which is the pinnacle of achievement for the majority of Twitch streamers.
In addition, Affiliates benefit from the following:
- All subscribers can participate in a single global subscriber emote.
- Earning money by soliciting contributions through the Twitch Bits platform.
- Obtaining income through the use of the advertising system
- Progress being made on securing a partnership with Twitch
- A channel point system for those who watch your content.
One of the drawbacks of becoming a Twitch Affiliate is that you will lose the ability to multistream, which is something that can be of great value to more nimble content creators.