There is nothing more frustrating than trying to connect your Firestick to wifi only to realize you lost the remote or can’t find it. You can try and get a new remote, but this process is time consuming and expensive. Why not just use your smartphone? Connecting Firestick to wifi with a smartphone is easy and takes less than five minutes. The process is simple, just follow these simple steps:
Plug in your Firestick into any outlet near your router
Open up the Wifi settings on your phone
Find the name of the network that you want to connect to (should be “Fire TV”)
Type in the password for your network
That’s it! Now you should be able to access all of the amazing things available on Fire TV without a remote or an easy way to get back online.
How To Connect Firestick To WiFi Without Remote
Use The Fire TV Remote App If the far flung to Firestick isn’t to your vicinity, you could employ your cellphone. You have the Amazon Fire TV utility hooked up to your phone, via which you could use assist from the controls to will let you configure. This utility may be used on each Android and iOS gadgets and could will let you effortlessly configure the tool.
- Download the app for your tool or Fire TV after which the subsequent commands will assist you to hook up with the Wifi community with out its far flung. Download the Fire TV app to your cellphone and anticipate it to set up.
- Once done, open the app via way of means of truly tapping on it.
- Amazon Fire TV Remote App After you open the app, you’ll need to navigate your manner to the Settings page.
- You’ll locate an alternative named Network.
- Tap at the Network alternative after which pick out Configure.
- A list of the possible WiFi connections will show up and you just need to choose which device to connect with your Firestick TV.
- Tap on it and then enter the necessary security password to set up the Wifi.
Use An Identical Hotspot Often it occurs that if you could configure the community with the assist of the TV far flung, the WiFi does now no longer assist you to connect. There can be a few problem with the router or possibly with the WiFi Module and you can overlook to hold the Firestick far flung at those times. If the firestick already recollects an SSID and a password, you could without difficulty reproduction it. In instances like this, the usage of an same hotspot may also do the task and may without difficulty deal with the configuration settings when you have a separate Hotspot community. Here are a number of the stairs underneath used to configure.
- The first and most important step which you want to do is create a hotspot community. You can try this via way of means of the usage of your telecellsmartphone and the identical WiFi address
- Change the SSID name of your smartphone and set it to the same name as your Firestick TV was connected to initially. Similarly, change the password of the hotspot keeping it the same
- The next step to configure is to turn on the TV on which you are about to set up the Fire Stick. Go to the applications and then install the Firestick application on it.
- Allow the TV settings to connect to the same WiFi that is also connected with the app.
- For this, you’ll have to open the application and then you can go to the Settings Menu. Follow it up to the Network page to configure the WiFi.
- Once you open up this page, you will see that the application is automatically getting connected to the device and then you have to turn off the hotspot of your phone. This will allow you to complete the procedure and then navigate the Fire TV Stick without using any remote.
Video For Better Understanding
Chances are, you’re reading this because you’re having trouble connecting your Firestick to wifi. If that’s the case, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. So go ahead and go through the steps we laid out above and we can guarantee that you’ll be able to connect your Firestick to wifi in less than five minutes.
The process is simple and only takes a few minutes. Plus, it doesn’t cost anything to use your smartphone as a remote control for your Firestick. And now you know how easy it is to do it yourself!
We hope that our guide has been helpful or at least given you a few new tips on how to use your Firestick without a remote or how to set up wifi with a smartphone. We hope that this article has given you some fresh ideas on the best ways to use your phone as a remote for Firesticks and how easy it is to set up wifi with smartphones today!