The Apple TV is a media device that enables users to watch movies, television shows, and other types of material on their televisions. Apple TV Channels, Apple TV originals, content from the iTunes Store, and content from other services are all available for viewing. On the Apple TV app, you have the option to buy or rent movies, in addition to streaming material from a variety of genres, including Action, Comedy, Romance, Thriller, and Mystery, among others. Apple TV can be accessed through a wide variety of devices and operating systems, such as a Mac, an iOS device, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, a Samsung TV, an LG TV, an Apple TV, and others. It is feasible to remove Apple TV from your Mac if you have that option available. On the other hand, you ought to be aware that the process by which you delete files on a Mac dramatically diverges from the process by which you delete files on a Windows machine. This tutorial will walk you through the process of uninstalling Apple TV from your Mac.
Read Also: How to Watch Apple TV on Chromecast
How to Delete Apple TV from Mac
You can utilise any of the following techniques on your Mac in order to delete the Apple TV application:
- Delete Apple TV From Mac Using the Bin
- Uninstall Apple TV From Mac Using the Finder
Before using any of the ways that are detailed below, you have to make sure that Apple TV is not currently active. In addition to that, you will need to use the administrator account to log in to the Mac.
1. Boot up your Mac device, then navigate to the Finder application from the home screen.
2. Navigate to the Applications menu and then click on the Utilities option.
3. Navigate to Apple TV from the list of apps by clicking Activity Monitor and then searching for it.
4. If you are able to locate the application, choose the Apple TV app, and then click the Quit button.
5. Special Forces Selected Press Quit to terminate any active processes within the application.
Delete Apple TV from Mac using the Bin
1. Turn on your Mac device and navigate to the Finder application from the home screen.
2. Navigate to the Applications menu and then select the Search option located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Navigate to your Apple TV app by typing Apple TV.
4. To delete the application, navigate to the dock and select the Trash icon.
5. To uninstall the application, right-click the Trash icon and select the option to Empty Trash from the context menu.
Uninstall Apple TV from Mac using the Finder
1. From the main screen, choose the Finder app that is located on the dock.
2. Navigate to the Applications menu and look for the Apple TV.
3. While the app is selected, drag the file you want to delete into the Trash.
4. Navigate back to the home screen, and then choose Finder from the list of options in the menu bar.
5. To remove the app from your device, select Empty Bin from the menu.
How does one disconnect Apple TV from the Mac dock?
You can remove the Apple TV for Mac dock application from the dock by dragging the app away from the dock until the option to remove it appears. The Apple TV software will be withdrawn from the Mac dock as soon as it is made available for use.
What is other in Mac storage?
On a Mac, the “Other” storage category contains all of the files that do not belong in any of the other basic storage categories, such as “Apps,” “Photos,” “Documents,” “Audio,” or “Video.” On a Mac, the cached and temporary files, together with other sorts of data, can quickly fill up the Other folder.