Rocket League is a great pastime that can be shared with friends, partners, or anyone else you like to invite. Relax on the couch, grab the controller, and play a quick five-minute round of Rocket League after a long day at the office. However, you should also consider keeping your Rocket League account secure. In addition, Epic Games recommends turning on Two-Factor Authentication for your account. This will prevent hackers from gaining access to your account. Two-factor authentication for your Rocket League account will be explained in the following paragraphs:
Read Also: How to Delete Rocket League Account
How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Rocket League
If you want to enable Two Factor Authentication on the Epic Games website, you can choose between sending a text message, sending an email, or using an Authy app.
1. Visit the website for Epic Games and sign in to your account there. (If you want to set up Two Factor Authentication on different accounts, you must utilize an anonymous browser; otherwise, you will always be logged into the same Epic account whenever you visit the site.)
2. A drop-down menu will appear When you move your cursor over your name in the top right corner of the screen. Move forward and click the “account” link.
3. You will see many alternatives on the left side of the screen; however, the option you require is the password and security option.
4. You will notice an option to change your password when you first log in. Simply scroll down this page until you reach the Two-Factor Authentication section, and then enable the most appropriate technique for your circumstances.
How To Purchase Credits/Tokens To Unlock Trading?
You are only required to purchase 500 Credits if you obtained the game after it became available for Free To Play; if you got the game before it became available for Free To Play, then you do not have to do anything. According to a statement released by Psyonix, this modification was implemented as “Fraud Protection.”
In this brief tutorial, we will walk you through the process of obtaining 500 Credits in an easy-to-understand step-by-step format.
1. Launch Rocket League and navigate to the Item Shop by clicking the button below the Play button and to the left of the home screen.
2. Doing so will launch the shop, but at the bottom of the screen, you will find a button labelled “Purchase Credits.” On a personal computer, you have to click it; on an Xbox, you have to click the “X” button; and on a PlayStation, you have to press the square button.
3. Determine the method of payment you prefer. Sometimes, a bug prevents you from adding a payment method when using Rocket League on your computer. Adding your preferred mode of payment to the Epic Games website is all required to rectify this situation.
4. You Will Accumulate Credits! Your Credits will be issued to you instantly; however, they will be unavailable to you for the next three days.
Why is my 2FA enabled but not working?
It’s possible that once you’ve established two-factor authentication (2FA), the codes provided by your authenticator app will no longer be valid. Time sync difficulties are usually to blame for occurrences like this one. 2FA systems utilize the global universal time standard (UTC). Your user device will run a time service in order to keep accurate time and maintain sync with UTC.
Does Epic Games require 2FA?
When trading with other players, you must have 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) enabled. Both of the players who are trading must have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled on their Epic Games accounts. Check out the following link for additional information: Two-Factor Authentication and How to Enable It. Two-factor authentication (2FA) can only be activated on full Epic Games accounts.
What is Epic Games Authenticator app?
The Epic Authenticator software on your mobile device provides two-factor authentication for your Epic electronic health record system. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your Epic credentials by making it necessary to go through an additional verification step whenever you log in.
Is Epic Games ID verification safe?
During the process of verifying an adult’s age, neither Epic Games nor SuperAwesome will store any information on a person’s credit or debit card, national identification number, or facial scan. The information that you enter will only be used for the purposes of verification and will not be saved.