In the field of music streaming, Spotify is one of the most important competitors. Despite this, Spotify is much more than just a music streaming service. Audiobooks, podcasts, poetry, guided meditations, and other forms of spoken-word content can be found among its offerings in the spoken-word category. A look at how to get Spotify’s selection of audiobooks and other forms of non-music entertainment is presented in this article.
Read Also: How to Change the Email on Your Spotify
- 1 How to Find Audiobooks and Non-Music Content on Spotify
- 2 FAQs
How to Find Audiobooks and Non-Music Content on Spotify
Spotify’s Word Category
The great bulk of Spotify’s content that is not related to music can be found in the Word category, which can be found towards the bottom of the Browse page on Spotify. This category is where you’ll find the platform’s podcasts. The Word section features an abundance of playlists that each contain a wide variety of articles, videos, and other forms of information. Poetry, well-known speeches, college lectures, language-learning tutorials, literature, guided meditation, and other forms of self-help content are just some of the things that may be found on these websites.
Access to the substance of words can be gained by performing the following steps:
1. When you start up Spotify on your desktop, select Browse from the drop-down menu that appears on the left side of the screen. (In order to conduct a search, you will need to tap the Search button within the mobile app.)
2. At the very bottom of the page is where you’ll find the category titled “Word.”
3. Pick Your Words Carefully. Spotify is home to some of the most popular spoken-word playlists that are currently on the market.
4. Explore to find things that excite your attention, and delight in the words you’ve selected to employ in your writing.
There is a playlist on the Spotify website referred to as “Audiobooks,” which may be found under the Word section. Simply enter “audiobooks” into the search bar located on the homepage, and you will be presented with other articles relating to audiobooks. If you scroll down, you will see that you have a number of different artists, albums, and playlists from which to choose.
When you choose an artist, album, or playlist, a plethora of additional audiobook options will become accessible to you.
You can use Spotify to listen to your favourite podcasts, or you can explore its archives to find new podcasts to add to your playlists. Either way, you can use the service. Hundreds of podcasts can be found on Spotify.
To look up podcasts or to browse through them, use the following instructions on Spotify:
1. When you first start up Spotify on your desktop, select Browse from the menu that appears on the left side of the screen. (In order to conduct a search, you will need to tap the Search button within the mobile app.)
2. Choose from a few different podcasts.
3. Examine the podcast’s highlighted episodes, scroll down to study the content arranged by category, or investigate the various playlists that are accessible.
4. To start listening to the podcast, move your mouse pointer over the cover image, and then click the Play button. Alternatively, you can click the title of the podcast to browse previous episodes of the programme.
Are there any audiobooks on Spotify?
There are, without a doubt, some audiobooks available on Spotify. It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Spotify has become extremely well-liked as a streaming service for music and podcasts due to its widespread availability. It is only logical that they would also host audiobooks, and they have a large number of these to choose from.
Can you listen to Audible books without a subscription?
No! Even if you do not have a subscription plan, you are able to buy audiobooks from Audible. However, if you pay for the audiobooks with your credit card rather than taking advantage of our membership perks and savings, you will be required to pay the full amount for the audiobooks. Learn more about the purchasing process by following the steps below.
Is listening to audiobooks as good as reading?
Reading is, in her opinion, the best way to ensure that one will remember the material presented, even while listening to an audiobook can be more helpful in terms of developing empathy and bringing the story to life. She references a research that found that reading was superior to listening in terms of really holding someone’s attention and recalling the material being presented.
Is Audible free with Amazon Prime?
A membership in Audible Plus or Audible Premium Plus is not included with Prime; rather, it is a separate subscription.