The iPhone Weather app has seen gradual but steady improvement over the course of its existence. Yet, iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 were able to make a moderately better and rather larger leap. You can now see weather maps, have a weather widget appear on both the home screen and the lock screen, and receive warnings about dangerous weather. In typical Apple fashion, the new feature was implemented with great dexterity. Within the Weather app, you have the ability to activate emergency weather notifications and precipitation reports for your area as well as destinations that you have listed. In the following post, we will walk you through the process of obtaining and activating weather notifications on iOS 15. So let’s get started:
How to Get and Enable Weather Alerts on iOS 15
Allow Location Access:
You will initially be prompted to provide permission for the Weather app to always access your location before it will be possible for you to receive notifications regarding the weather in your current location.
1. To configure your iPhone’s settings, open the Settings app.
2. Listen in on privacy.
3. Choose the Location Services option.
4. Check the weather.
5. Choose “Always” from the drop-down menu labelled “Allow Location Access.”
Turn On Weather Notifications:
1. Begin by opening the built-in Weather app on your iPhone.
2. Make a tap on the icon that looks like a bullet list and is located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. At the top of the location list, you’ll see an option to Turn on Notifications. If the “Keep Dry” card is not displayed, you can access it by tapping the icon that looks like a circle ellipsis and then selecting Notifications from the menu that appears.
4. Tap the Proceed button when you see the “Allow Notifications” screen.
5. Tap the Allow button that appears in the pop-up prompt.
6. To receive notifications for specific locations, turn on the switches that are located next to those locations, and then hit the Done button when you are finished. Take note that in order to obtain notifications about your current location, the location access permissions on your device must be set to “allowed.”
Why is my iPhone not getting weather alerts?
Launch the Settings app, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and press the Weather option. After that, launch the Location app at the very top of the page. Touch the Always button to switch on location tracking, which will then enable the notifications.
Is there an emergency alert app for iPhone?
Using the emergency call service provided by My SOS Family is the simplest method to assume responsibility for the safety of you and your family. Don’t waste any more time and download and try out My SOS Family right away.
Can iPhone send emergency alerts?
Your emergency contacts will be notified if there is a change in your location for a set length of time after you activate the SOS mode on your iPhone. This occurs immediately after you activate the mode. Even in areas without cellular or Wi-Fi coverage, you can send a text message to emergency services with the iPhone 14’s Emergency SOS app by using satellite connectivity.
What is the best severe weather alert app for iPhone?
Weather Underground is widely regarded as one of the most comprehensive weather apps available for mobile devices running either Android or iOS. The weather warnings that are sent to you can be completely personalized to meet your requirements. Also, hour-by-hour predictions make it simple for you to organize your day and keep tabs on the extreme weather conditions that are now affecting your region.
What SOS means in iPhone?
When the acronym SOS displays in the bottom-right corner of the screen of your iPhone, it indicates that an active cellular data connection is available for making urgent phone calls. You also have the option to add contacts for urgent matters. If you do not choose to disable this feature, your iPhone will send a text message to the individuals you designated as emergency contacts once an emergency call has been terminated.