Mr. Singh is a 36-year-old businessman in Delhi. He was diagnosed with hypothyroid issues during his teens. Due to the thyroid problem, he developed enlarged breasts as an additional problem. Although the medicine provided relief to the thyroid problem, the swelling and puffiness of his breasts did not subside. Even after being a successful person amongst his contemporaries, he is highly embarrassed about his body contour. Eventually, he parted from all his friends. Moreover, his confidence is also severely impacted. This is also affecting a conjugal life with his partner too.
Yash, 28, has just started his professional career as a copywriter. He has to take several drugs for a liver ailment he was diagnosed with a decade ago. These drugs cause may his breasts enlarge and the nipples irregular. Overall, this chest area is in irregular shape that affects his overall appearance. Adding to his woes is that he has gained a considerable amount of weight as he has to spend a lot of time on the desktop. This made him look bulky. However, what bothered him the most was the enlargement of his breasts and puffiness of his nipples. Due to his unnatural body shape, he has never been able to make friends. In fact, his self-confidence also took a dip and forced him into a state of depression.
Why you should not delay treatment for Gynecomastia?
After reading the above two stories, are you able to relate to one of them? Both the stories ascertain one thing- delaying the treatment of Gynecomastia is not wise and can interfere with your social well being.
Gynecomastia is not fatal in nature which means if you are suffering from Gynecomastia, it is not possible for you to die. Experts in Delhi explain that the health condition is easily treatable with surgery along with following proper lifestyle modifications. However, it can cause some severe and serious effects on the physical and mental well being of the patient. Patients find it difficult to cope with the condition because of the direct effect it has on the psychosocial well being of the person.
There has been enough research conducted over the last couple of years to dig out the effects of Gynecomastia has in young boys and men. All these research studies solidify one fact that Gynecomastia has a significant psychological impact. The person can suffer from several mental conditions including depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. In addition to this, they tend to be highly unsatisfied with their body contour and their self-esteem is also tarnished.
If Gynecomastia develops in young boys and men, Gynecomastia have negative psychological effects that, in turn, causes problems in general health, unable to attend social gatherings, dampened self-esteem and attitude problem.
Furthermore, apart from psychological effects, here are the most visible side effects that can occur if you delay the treatment of Gynecomastia-
- Increase in the diameter of the areola, which is the area of pigmented skin around the nipple
- Asymmetrical chest tissue may over time
- Enlargement of both or one of breasts
- Any one or both the breasts becoming tender
How to prepare for Gynecomastia treatment?
Not only the recovery, but preparation also is an integral part of the surgery. A well-prepared patient is unlikely to suffer from any side effects that comes with Gynecomastia treatment. In addition to minimizing the risk of any complications, preparation ensures 100% success of the surgery. Here’s how you can prepare-
- Get all your lab tests done as soon as possible and go through all the necessary diagnostic tests
- Stop smoking prior to two weeks before the surgery
- Don’t drink any alcohol for at least 1 week before the surgery
- Restrict taking blood thinners such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs as well as supplements to reduce the risk of excessive blood loss
How safe is it to undergo Gynecomastia treatment?
The USFDA has given its approval in treating Gynecomastia with the most advanced technology available. However, keeping a realistic point of view, the treatment can incur some risks and complications, similar to any other treatment option available. Rest assured, these risks can be cured easily with proper instructions.
Some of the common risks that occur after Gynecomastia surgery are-
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Fat collection
- Collection of fluid
- Looseness of breast skin
- Inverted nipples
- Enlargement of chest
In order to lower the risk of the above-mentioned risks, a highly-experienced surgeon guides his patients to follow the below-mentioned tips-
- Wound care is vital after Gynecomastia treatment. Therefore, ask the doctor the right questions about taking care of the wound.
- From the second day of the recovery, go for light walks for 15 minutes.
- Do not itch in any case at all. Control the urge to itch around the wound as much as possible.
- Get enough sleep to allow the body to heal more quickly.
- Drink lots of water on a daily basis to maintain hydration of the body.
- Neither drink alcohol nor smoke throughout the recovery period.
- In case there is excessive pain in the breasts, make a cold compress and apply it to the chest.
- Wear cotton loose-fitting clothes, especially buttoned dresses, in the initial days of the recovery.
- Take supplements with vitamins and minerals to speed up the healing process.
- Eat a light yet healthy diet on the initial days of the recovery to avoid chances of constipation.
What is the best way to get rid of Gynecomastia?
There are several methods that you can choose from to get rid of breast enlargement. Unfortunately, they come with some disadvantages that don’t guarantee permanent relief. Thanks to the advancement in medical technology, you can opt for liposuction followed by a gland excision surgery for reducing breast enlargement permanently.
Mr. Singh and Yash both opted for gynecomastia surgery in Delhi from Pristyn Care. Our experienced doctors suggested them a tailored treatment after hearing their woes.
Within a week, they opted to undergo the VASER liposuction and gland excision surgery. After the surgery, their recovery was very fast and without any complications.
They are very satisfied that their swelling of the breasts has subsided and there was no pain during the recovery. The surgery boosted up their confidence. They are no more afraid or embarrassed about their body contour. Also, they have grown professionally. The turmoil in their personal life has also diminished.