Adding columns in Google Sheets is a two-step process that requires only one click. Follow along with the instructions below to see how it’s done in your spreadsheet.
Read Also: How to Merge Cells in Google Sheets
How to Add Columns on Google Sheets On Desktop
1. Open the Google Sheets page in a new tab. In your web browser, navigate to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets. If you’re connected into your Google account, clicking here will bring up the Google Sheets dashboard.
- If you are not already connected into your Google account, you will be required to enter your email address and password when requested before you can move further.
2. Choose a spreadsheet to work with. Select the name of the spreadsheet to which you wish to add columns from the drop-down menu. The spreadsheet is opened as a result of this action.
- If you prefer to start from scratch, simply select Blank from the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner of the page.
3. Choose a column from the drop-down menu. To add a column to a column, select the letter of the column next to which you wish to add the column. For example, if you wish to add a column to the right of the “A” column, you would choose the A heading and then click the Add Column button.
4. Insert a new line of code. This button may be found in the upper-left corner of the page. There will be a drop-down menu shown.
5. Select either Column left or Column right from the drop-down menu. Both of these options are located at the top of the Insert drop-down list. This will result in the addition of a blank column to the left or right of the presently chosen column, depending on your preference.
How to Add Columns on Google Sheets On Mobile
1. Open Google Sheets in a new tab. To do so, select the Google Sheets app icon, which looks like a green and white spreadsheet grid, from the Apps menu. In the event that you’re in onto your Google account, this will access your Google Sheets dashboard.
- To sign into your Google account if you aren’t already, touch SIGN IN, pick an account, and enter your password if it is asked for it.
2. Choose a spreadsheet to work with. To access the spreadsheet to which you want to add columns in Google Sheets, tap the spreadsheet you want to open in Google Sheets.
- To create a new spreadsheet, you may alternatively tap the image labelled Android Google New.png and then press New spreadsheet to open an existing spreadsheet.
3. Choose a column from the drop-down menu. In order to pick a column (or a cell within a column) as the column next to which you wish to add a blank column, tap the letter at the top of the column (or any cell within the column).
4. To add more, press +. It may be found in the upper-right area of the screen. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a menu with options.
5. Toggle between the columns on the left and the columns on the right. Both of these alternatives are located near the top of the drop-down list. This will result in the addition of a column to the left or right of the presently chosen column, depending on your preference.
- To do so on Android, select Insert 1 column left or Insert 1 column right from the menu bar.
- It is possible that you will have to browse down through the drop-down menu in order to locate these selections.
How do I insert a column in a column in Google Docs?
To create a new column, just select the existing text and then select the three-column picture from the Format choice that appears. Add columns to a table that has already been entered into the Google Doc by simply right-clicking or pressing Ctrl + clicking inside the table and selecting insert column left or right.
How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord
How to Send Videos on Discord
How to Restart Any Apple TV Model
THE BEST HEALTH SYSTEMS IN THE WORLD
How to Install Add Google Drive to File Explorer
Kahoot Hack Auto Answer Bot: How to Hack Kahoot Answers 2022
Pet Simulator Z Link and Codes in Roblox
How to Find all 110 Bacons in Find The Bacons – Roblox
Bloxburg School Test Answers – How to Pass and Win the Trophy
What is Resource Planning in Project Management and What You Need to Know
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide2 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch