If you use an email address that was provided by Apple for your Apple ID, the only way to change your email address is to switch to one of the email addresses that Apple provides. In addition to this, the new email address that you use must be linked to your existing account before you may use it. This article will walk you through the steps necessary to modify both the email address and password that are connected to your Apple ID account. So let’s get started:
Read Also: How to Access iCloud Photos on Your Mac
- 1 How to Change Your Apple ID Email and Password on Mac
- 2 FAQs
How to Change Your Apple ID Email and Password on Mac
The following is the procedure that must be followed to the letter:
1. To sign in using your Apple ID, start up your web browser, navigate to https://appleid.apple.com, and then enter the password that is associated with your Apple ID.
2. To make any necessary adjustments, navigate to the Account section and click the Edit option.
3. All you have to do is click the button that says Change Apple ID.
4. You will need to enter the email address that you want to use for your Apple ID into the box that has been made available for it.
5. Proceed without stopping here; this is not the place to do so.
6. Click Done.
7. Make sure that your newly acquired Apple ID is linked to all of your Apple devices as well as the Apple services that you make use of, such as FaceTime and Messages. Visit the Apple website if you haven’t previously and set up a new Apple ID if you haven’t already done so.
Is it possible to switch my Apple ID without losing all of my information?
You are able to make changes to your Apple ID without losing access to any of your prior purchases in the process. Before making any adjustments to the ID, you will get a notification inquiring as to whether or not you would like to maintain a copy of the data. You have the option of selecting everything that you would like to keep, and after you have made your choices, you may proceed with the process.
What should I do if Apple will not let me to alter the address that is associated with my billing account?
If you are unable to modify or update your billing address using the settings on your phone or through email, you will need to log into the App Store, access your user profile, then select Manage Payments and choose the credit or debit card that is linked with your account. Select the Billing Address associated with your card, then make any necessary changes to the information presented there.
How do I modify the email address associated with my Apple ID rescue password?
If you are using two-factor authentication, you will not have the option to use a rescue email; however, if you are not using 2FA, this is how you can add or alter the rescue email. Using your Apple ID credentials, navigate to appleid.apple.com and click the Sign-In and Security > Rescue Email option (you may be asked to enter your Apple ID password or answer security questions). You can set up a new rescue email by selecting the Add email option, or you can input a new email address to replace the previous one. In either scenario, Apple will send a verification email to the address that you have supplied. After receiving the email, you will be prompted to input the verification code and then click Continue.