No matter if you’ve just changed your last name or just want to add a fun nickname to your Facebook page, changing your name is a reasonably simple procedure.
Here’s all you need to know about Facebook’s name change policy, as well as instructions on how to change your name using a desktop browser or the Facebook mobile application.
Read Also: How To Update Facebook App on Android
What is Facebook’s name change policy?
While you don’t have to use your full legal name on Facebook, there are rules as to what types of names you can and cannot use.
Facebook prefers its users to use the name they go by in everyday life. Facebook names cannot include the following:
- Symbols, numbers, nonstandard capitalization, repeating characters, or punctuation
- Characters from more than one language
- Titles of any kind (whether professional, religious, or something else)
- Words or phrases instead of a name
- Words or phrases that go against Facebook’s Community Standards
- Words or phrases that represent organizations instead of people. Facebook Profiles are for individuals, while Pages are for businesses, organizations, and ideas
As far as nicknames go, Facebook allows them for first or middle names as long as they are a variation of your actual name (like Abby instead of Abigail). Impersonating other users is not allowed on Facebook and violates their Community Standards.
How to Change Name on Facebook
You may alter your name on Facebook once every 60 days by using a desktop browser or the Facebook mobile app on your mobile device. Here’s how to go about it.
On desktop browser:
1. First and foremost, get into your Facebook account. Return to the previous screen by clicking the down arrow in the top-right corner of the screen (see image below).
2. In the drop-down option that appears, select Settings & Private Information
3. From the drop-down menu, select your name from the list.
4. Enter your new name in the appropriate field and then click Review Change to save your changes.
5. Make sure you have your Facebook password in the correct area before clicking Save Changes.
On mobile app:
1. Open the Facebook mobile application for iPhone or Android on your mobile device.
2. On an iPhone, press the Menu icon, which is placed at the bottom-right of the screen; on an Android device, tap the Menu symbol, which is found at its top-right.
3. Scroll down the page to see the rest of the options. Drop-down menu: Select Settings & Privacy from the drop-down list.
4. From the drop-down box, choose Personal and Account Information (optional).
5. Choose a name for yourself.
6. Enter your new name in the appropriate field, then click Review Change to save your changes.
7. After you’ve entered your Facebook password, click on “Save Changes” to save your changes.
How to use a nickname on Facebook
1. Launch the Facebook mobile application for iPhone or Android.
2. On an iPhone, tap the Menu icon located at the bottom-right of the screen; on an Android device, tap the Menu symbol located at the top-right of the screen.
3. Continue to scroll down the list. Select Settings & Privacy from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Personal and Account Information from the drop-down menu.
5. Select your name.
6. Select Add a nickname or a birth name from the drop-down menu.
7. Select a Name Type (nickname, maiden name, variant spelling, etc.), type in your name, and then touch Save to finish.
How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord
How to Send Videos on Discord
How to Restart Any Apple TV Model
THE BEST HEALTH SYSTEMS IN THE WORLD
How to Install Add Google Drive to File Explorer
Kahoot Hack Auto Answer Bot: How to Hack Kahoot Answers 2022
Pet Simulator Z Link and Codes in Roblox
How to Find all 110 Bacons in Find The Bacons – Roblox
Bloxburg School Test Answers – How to Pass and Win the Trophy
What is Resource Planning in Project Management and What You Need to Know
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide2 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch