In recent times, there has been a precipitous surge in the number of people using the messaging program that is known as Telegram. Since it became public for the first time in 2013, it has collected more than 500 million users who are actively making use of the platform. However, there have been issues with it, and as a consequence, users are leaving it in favour of alternative messaging applications because of the troubles it has caused.
However, Telegram does not offer a feature that allows users to delete messages with a single click. Despite this, it is still possible to delete or deactivate your Telegram account. On an Android device, following the instructions in this step-by-step guide will show you how to remove your Telegram account.
Read Also: How To Send A Telegram
How To Delete a Telegram Account on Android
The procedure is precisely the same for mobile devices that are powered by the Android operating system as well as those that are powered by iOS. The steps that need to be taken to permanently delete your Telegram account on Android are as follows, and a rundown of these steps is provided for your convenience:
- Launch the Telegram application on the device you’re using right now.
- Simply click on any one of the three lines that are located horizontally across the screen in order to pick them.
- Navigate to the section of the menu labelled Settings.
- Pick the one that addresses your right to privacy and protects you from harm.
- Position your cursor over the item that is titled “If Away For,” and click on it.