Despite the fact that the Chromebook integrates Google Docs directly into your desktop, it is still possible to download and install Microsoft Word on the device. This is one of the Chromebook’s primary advantages. This is the information you need to complete the task successfully.
Read Also: How to Zoom In and Out on Chromebook
How to Download Microsoft Word on your Chromebook
1. On your Chromebook, launch the Google Play Store application.
2. In the search bar located at the top of the page, type “Word” or “Microsoft Word.” To search, press the enter key.
3. If you search for it, you should find results for Microsoft Word. To begin installing the programme, click the “Install” button that is labelled in green. It ought should start downloading on its own automatically.
4. While the software is downloading, the “Install” button in green will turn into the “Cancel” button, and after the app is through downloading, it will switch to the “Open” button. To start using the programme that you downloaded, click the “Open” button. You also have access to Microsoft Word via the Launcher on your computer.
5. When you attempt to log in to Microsoft Office, a pop-up window will display. Simply granting Microsoft access to your files, images, and other media requires you to click the “Allow” button.
6. Enter your email address, phone number, or the name you use for Skype to sign into your account. To proceed, either click the arrow in the blue bar or use the Enter key.
7. On the following page, enter your password as prompted. It is possible that you will be required to go through some additional security measures at this time if you are logging in through an account associated with a company or university. To finish the sign-in procedure, follow any extra prompts that may appear.
8. Immediately after you have successfully logged in, you will be taken to the main page for Microsoft Word. On the left-hand side of the screen, you’ll see a list of your most recent documents. You can browse more by selecting “Open additional papers” at the bottom of the page, or you can start a new project by selecting a template from the list provided.
Does Chromebook come with Word?
It is possible to utilise Microsoft Word on a Chromebook, but in order to do so, you will need to download the programme from the Google Play Store.
How much is Microsoft Office for Chromebook?
If your device has a screen that is less than 10.1 inches, you can download the Office apps for free; but, you will need a free Microsoft account in order to create and edit files. A paid subscription to Microsoft’s Office 365 service is required in order to use Microsoft Office on Chromebooks and tablets with larger screens. The most affordable plan costs approximately $7 per month.
Is Microsoft Word free?
There is no cost associated with downloading Microsoft Word for either Android or iOS.
What is difference between Chromebook and laptop?
The operating system is, of course, the primary differentiating factor between Chromebooks and traditional laptops. Chromebooks, on the other hand, run on the web-based Chrome OS, which is essentially a skinned version of the Chrome browser with some additional features added. Laptops, on the other hand, run on the most common operating system, Windows.