It is demonstrated in this article how to locate Dell’s laptop model number utilizing a variety of ways such as the identification label, device specifications, and the Dell Support Assistant, among others.
Read Also: How to Connect AirPods to Dell Laptop
How to Find the Model Number From the Identification Label
The Dell laptop model number can be found on product labels that are applied to the laptop’s body or to the cardboard packing. The product label can be placed in a variety of locations. According to Dell Support, you should look in the following places:
- Bottom cover, base, or back of the product
- Battery compartment
- Screen, keyboard trim, or palm rest
The Reg Model, which is represented by an alphanumeric number, identifies the specific model. Additionally, the label displays alphanumeric information such as the service tag, country of origin, IEC (Information Technology Equipment Safety) number, Dell Part Number (DP/N), and other pertinent information.
The Service Tag is a critical piece of information. Using the Service Tag, Express Service Code, or Serial Number, you can learn more about the Dell support choices available.
Go to Windows Settings
On the Windows System screen, you may see the setup of the device you are using. Getting to the Settings screen can be accomplished in a variety of different ways. When you use this strategy, you will be directed to the Dell About screen, where the model number is specified by the firm.
1. The system may be accessed by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting it from the context menu that appears after clicking on it.
2. Windows Settings will appear on the About screen, and you can access them from there.
3. The manufacturer and model number of the gadget are included in the device specs.
Use the Dell SupportAssist Application for Windows
SupportAssist is a Dell maintenance application that comes pre-installed on all Dell PCs. It is available for download from the Dell website. It can be obtained on the Dell website by completing the appropriate form. If it is not already installed, you can obtain a copy from the Dell Support website and proceed to install it. The model number of the application is displayed on the application’s home screen.
1. To begin searching, go to the Start menu and pick Windows Search from there. SupportAssist is the command to utilize in this situation.
2. Look for the keyword “SupportAssist” in the search engine’s results.
3. A new window emerges, displaying the laptop model number, service tag, and other relevant information about the device.
Use the Windows System Information Window
Windows System Information is an administrative tool that provides a complete description of a computer’s specifications, which includes the model number of your Dell laptop. There are a number of different ways to open it.
- Go to Start and then type “system information” in the search box. Select the result.
- Use Windows + R shortcut to open the Run box. Type “msinfo32” in the Open field. Press Enter.
- Go to Start > Windows Administrative Tools > System Information.
On the Summary screen, the System Information window is displayed for the first time. Scroll down the Items column until you reach System Model. The Dell laptop model number is represented by the value listed.
When You Need the Serial Number
It is no longer sufficient to know the manufacturer of your laptop. Because there are so many distinct laptops sold under different family names and product lines, knowing the right model number is critical. The model number is a unique set of numbers that can assist you in obtaining the required support, verifying the warranty, purchasing compatible parts, and even locating the appropriate handbook for your device.
Baldur’s Gate 3 – How to Save Mayrina
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – How to Play Coop
Project Lazarus Roblox Wiki, Script, Gun Tier List and Much More
3 Best Transcript Google Extension
Alan Wake 2 – How to Get Pump-Action Shotgun
Diablo 4: How to Get Flickerstep
Dave The Diver: How to Get Atlantic Bonito
Alan Wake 2: How to Beat Nightingale Boss Fight
How to Download PDF of Any Book For Free
Dave The Diver: How to Unlock Employees
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Gaming2 years ago
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies Shadows of Evil Easter Egg
Guide1 year ago
How to Block a Contact on Skype
Health5 years ago
SIBO (small intestine bacterial over growth) – dietary recommendations and home remedies
Cryptocurrencies2 years ago
Why choose bitcoin casino mobile: Detailed Overview