On TikTok, this page discusses the different account tiers as well as the verification mechanism in detail. Being verified on TikTok has become something of an elite status symbol, similar to having a blue verified check mark next to your Instagram username. It has also become something of an aspirational goal, similar to having a verified check mark next to your Facebook profile picture or Twitter profile picture or Twitter bio.
Read Also: How to Add Your Own Sound to TikTok Videos
How to Get Verified on TikTok
When it comes to becoming verified on TikTok, having a certain number of followers will not guarantee you a blue check mark. It is also not possible to seek TikTok verification through an application procedure as you do with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Instead, the site has a dedicated crew that searches for artists, companies, and influencers to award badges – meaning you’ll have to be chosen in order to obtain this tick of approval.
However, there are some high-level criteria points that TikTok is rumored to follow:
- Authenticity: Copying popular accounts won’t get you far. Instead, use your voice to tell your story.
- Uniqueness: Prove that your content is vastly different than the billions of other users on the platform. If you have a niche, lean into it!
- Activity: Regularly produce engaging content and interact with your community through likes, comments, shares, and challenges.
- Follow the rules: Adhere to TikTok’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service — that means no nudity, bullying, or hate speech of any kind.
While there is no guarantee that you will receive a badge, following the requirements outlined above will significantly increase your chances of receiving one.
TIP: Attempting to purchase TikTok verification through a third-party website may result in your account being blocked; thus, it is best to avoid this and wait for official verification.
What’s the Difference Between a TikTok Popular Creator and a Verified Account?
On TikTok, there are two different sorts of verified account statuses. Both utilize the identical blue tick next to user account names, but each uses a different description to the right of the tick to differentiate them.
Here’s what each of the many types of TikTok verified accounts is intended for.
- Popular creator: This is the most straightforward position to get since it is given to TikTok users who are active, have a large number of followers, receive a high level of interaction on their material, and respect the social network’s rules.
- Account that has been verified: Accounts that have been verified are far more difficult to come by and are normally only granted to extremely well-known celebrities and big organizations.
On TikTok profiles, the blue check mark appears next to usernames in searches and follower lists, and the kind of verified account appears next to the check mark on the platform’s profiles.
How Many Followers Do You Need to Get Verified?
The bare minimum amount of followers required to be verified on TikTok has never been announced in any official capacity. Some celebrities have been able to have their accounts verified merely because they are celebrities, despite the fact that they have zero TikTok followers on their personal accounts.
Popular creator accounts typically have anything from ten thousand to several million followers, depending on their popularity. Note that there are several TikTok accounts with follower numbers in the hundreds of thousands that are not confirmed, indicating that the requirements are not only based on the amount of followers you have on the app itself.
Can a normal person get verified on TikTok?
You will not be able to verify your own identity. TikTok has no choice but to select you. Celebrities seem to be the only ones who have verified profiles on TikTok. A minimum of 10,000 followers is required for “popular creator” accounts to be considered popular.
How do artists get verified?
Artists and managers may both submit an artist to be evaluated for verification, and the process is completely confidential. In order to claim your profile, you must first go to Spotify for Artists and select “Claim Your Profile.” Once you’ve completed that step, you’ll be sent to a page where you’ll be asked to enter your artist’s name.