It is strongly suggested that you activate Google Find My Device, which was formerly known as Android Device Manager. This feature may be found in the settings menu of your device. In the event that your phone is lost or stolen, you have the ability to locate it, make it sound an alarm, lock it, and clear the data stored on it. This article will walk you through the process of safeguarding your phone using Google Find My Device.
Read Also: How to Set Up App Timers on Android
How to Lock Android Phone With Google Find My Device
1. Navigate to the menu labelled Settings.
2. From the menu that drops down, select “Security & Location”
3. And then “Find My Device.”
4. To pinpoint the location of your device, turn on the Find My Device toggle switch.
5. To find out how to lock your mobile device from a distance, start a web browser on your desktop computer, click to google.com/android, and then search for “Google Find My Device.” This will teach you how to do so.
6. Tap Secure Device.
7. You have the choice to include a message, as well as a button that, when clicked, will call a specific phone number.
8. If you want to lock the phone remotely but don’t already have a PIN, password, or pattern set up on it, you can use a password that you set up for the Find My Device app instead of a PIN, password, or pattern.
What is the master code to unlock any phone?
*#*#7780#*#* is the secret code that may be used to unlock an Android phone. This code is also referred to as the Android reset code. In the event that you forget the PIN for your Android phone, you can still unlock it using the assistance of this code.
Can someone unlock my stolen phone?
Without knowing your passcode, a thief will be unable to access the contents of your phone. Even if you regularly sign in with Touch ID or Face ID, your phone will still require a passcode in order to maintain its level of security.
Is it possible to bypass FRP lock?
Bypass FRP Lock is a free application for Android that was developed by Techeligible. It removes the restrictions placed on your mobile device by the Google Factory Reset Protection system. Even with Google Play, it is impossible for someone who may have stolen your phone to delete all of the data and files on it.
What do thieves do with stolen phones?
Some thieves will use the information they obtain on stolen phones (such as images, texts, or emails) to blackmail the phone’s rightful owner and demand a ransom in exchange for returning the phone. The best course of action to take as soon as you discover that your phone has been stolen is to remotely delete all of the data stored on it. This may be done with software like Find My Device (free – Android and iOS).
Can police track lost phone?
The IMEI number allows the City Police to track out the owner of the mobile phone so that it can be returned to them. For the purposes of gathering evidence, it is essential for the complainant to be in possession of either the box the device came in or the receipt. In that case, an official from the police department stated, it will be difficult for them to show ownership of the mobile device.