The Apple Watch claims to keep you connected and informed at all times, and all you have to do to stay that way is glance down at your wrist. If you get a considerable amount of emails through Gmail, you should definitely consider downloading the Gmail app for Apple Watch. This is especially important if you receive a lot of emails through Gmail. Using Gmail on your Apple Watch can be done with the help of this guide, which will take you step-by-step through the process. So let’s get started:
Read Also: How to Back Up the Apple Watch
How to Set Up and Use Gmail on an Apple Watch
On the Apple Watch, the official Gmail app does not receive any support of any type. Period. You will not be able to use the Google app to check or send emails because it has not been updated to support the Watch. This means that you cannot use it. This is due to the fact that the app is not compatible with the Watch. On the other hand, if you have the Gmail app configured to send you notifications, those notifications will appear on your Apple Watch in the same manner as the alerts you get for incoming calls or texts if you have enabled it to do so. This will be the case regardless of whether or not you have enabled the Gmail app to send you notifications. There is no difference here regardless of whether or not you have enabled this feature to operate in this manner. The following is what you should do in this situation:
1. The first step in setting up your Gmail account on your iPhone is to download the official Gmail app and then install it on your device.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Gmail.
4. Select the option in the menu labelled Notifications.
5. Through adjusting the settings, you are able to personalise the operation of your Gmail notifications so that they function in the manner that is most appropriate for your requirements.
6. Start utilising the application that was developed specifically for the Watch.
7. Select the option labelled “Notifications” from the menu.
8. Adjust the slider for Gmail in the section labelled Mirror iPhone Alerts From: until it is in the “on” position and displays the colour green. If you have the Gmail app installed on your iPhone, then whenever a new notification is sent to you, your Apple Watch will let you know as soon as it arrives. In addition to that, a notification similar to this one will show up on your iPhone.
Is There a Gmail App That Is Specifically Designed for the Apple Watch?
At this time, it is not possible to download a Gmail app onto your Apple Watch. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This suggests that the Apple Watch is the only gadget on which you may read emails and check your notifications at the same time.
Why Doesn’t My Apple Watch Show Gmail on Its Home Screen?
If you are looking at the home screen of your Apple Watch and wondering where Gmail is, you won’t find it there. There is currently no Gmail app available for the Apple Watch.
If you’re unsure why you aren’t receiving notifications for Gmail on your Apple Watch, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and check to see if the toggle for Gmail notifications is turned on.
Are Supported Older Apple Watch Models Still Available?
Yes, however this will only work if you have the iOS Mail app already installed on your Apple Watch. Because Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 are no longer supported by new OS updates, you will be unable to install newer versions of watch apps. If, on the other hand, you still have the older version, you will be able to join your Gmail account and continue to use it without any problems.