There are a number of amazing apps available for Amazon Fire TV, and you can find them in Amazon’s official app store, but that’s not the only place you can get them. You might want to try sideloading applications such as Kodi and Allcast, as well as various OS emulators, in order to unleash the full power of your Fire TV device.
The process of sideloading content into a Fire TV device is not overly challenging, but it is noticeably more challenging than downloading and installing official program updates. This article will walk you through the process of sideloading applications onto a Fire TV device.
Read Also: How to Sign Out of Netflix on Firestick
How to Sideload Apps on Your Fire TV Device
Using a Downloader App
As long as you use the correct downloader software, you are allowed to install program created by third-party developers on any Fire TV device, including the Fire TV Stick and the Fire TV Cube. This is the case even though the Fire TV Stick and the Fire TV Cube are both part of the Fire TV line. Because it makes use of a downloader utility that can be obtained for free from the official Fire TV software store, this technique does not call for the acquisition of any other pieces of hardware in order to be carried out.
The following procedures, which involve the use of a downloader application, will allow you to sideload material onto your Fire TV:
1. You can look for Downloader by utilizing either the built-in search tool or the voice search offered by Alexa. Both of these options are available to you.
2. Find the Downloader option, and when you do, click on it after you’ve located it.
3. Come to the conclusion that you will download it.
4. After the programme installation has been finished in its entirety, you will be able to launch Downloader.
5. Simply type in the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that is associated with the programme that you wish to download. For example, you may download the Kodi app by going to the website located at kodi.tv/download and following the on-screen instructions there.
6. You can navigate the webpage for the application by utilizing the circle pad and the centre button that are situated on the remote control for your Fire TV device. This will allow you to find the application that you would like to install on your device so that you can proceed with the installation.
7. We kindly ask that you exercise patience while the download is being completed. Thank you.
8. Make sure that the Install option is selected before continuing.
9. Kindly exercise some patience and wait until the installation has been finished before continuing.
The version of your software that was sideloaded can now be opened and utilized in the usual manner.
Why Should You Sideload Apps into Your Fire TV?
Sideloading is a procedure that enables you to install software that are not offered in the official Amazon app store. These applications cannot be downloaded directly from Amazon. This enables you to run Android applications, such as Kodi, that you normally would not have access to if you did not have this capability.
To sideload content onto a Fire TV device, the two approaches that are most straightforward are to use a downloader program or to sideload content directly from an Android phone. The first way involves downloading an app from the Amazon app store onto your Fire TV in order to install APK files. Installing an APK file is possible after it has been downloaded to your device. The second approach uses your existing Wi-Fi network to transfer apps directly from an Android phone to a Fire TV device. These transfers take place over the sideloading method.