If the screen on your iPhone will not rotate when you want it to, you will need to disable the screen rotation lock on that device. You can turn off the Screen Rotation Lock on an iPhone by following the steps outlined in this article, which can be found by clicking this link right here. so let’s get started:
Read Also: How to Enable Wi-Fi Calling On Your iPhone
- 1 How to Turn Off Screen Rotation Lock on an iPhone
- 2 FAQs
How to Turn Off Screen Rotation Lock on an iPhone
Just follow these steps:
1. To access the Control Center on your device, swipe up from the bottom of the display (or swiping down from the top right on iPhone X and newer).
2. Tap the screen rotation lock button again, and you should see the red highlighting go away. In addition to this, a notification indicating the rotation lock has been disabled will appear at the very top of the screen.
3. To exit Control Center, either tap the home button or swipe down from the top of the Control Center screen (or swiping up, on iPhone X and later).
On (iOS 4-6):
You can able to lock the screen rotation of your iPhone on earlier versions of iOS; however, the following procedures are required on iOS 4 or later:
1. Double-clicking the Home button in a flash will bring up the app switcher for switching between open windows or apps at the bottom of the screen.
2. Swipe from the left side to the right side until you can no longer swipe. This displays the controls for playing music as well as the icon for locking the screen rotation in the far left corner.
3. Simply tapping the icon that looks like a lock on the screen will turn on the feature. When the feature is active, the icon itself will look like a lock. Tap the icon a second time to deactivate the lock on the screen.
This option can be found within the menu labelled “Quick Settings.” If you see the words “Auto rotate” highlighted in blue, then the feature is currently active. If there isn’t an icon labelled Auto rotate but there is one labelled Portrait instead, auto rotation has been turned off. Tap Portrait to activate the automatic rotation feature.
What should I do if the autorotation feature on my iPhone does not work despite the fact that it is turned on?
If you are certain that an application is capable of supporting screen rotation but it isn’t working on your iPhone after you have activated the feature, you should restart the device. If rotation still does not work, it is possible that your phone has a malfunctioning accelerometer and needs to be taken to an Apple Store for repair.
Why should I switch to landscape mode on my iPhone by using the autorotation feature?
When it comes to this, bigger is always better. The keyboard and its keys are both enlarged when the device is in landscape mode, which makes it simpler and faster to type. When the device is turned to portrait mode, the keyboard on some more recent models provides additional possibilities.