In order to resolve connection problems, it is occasionally necessary to perform a soft reset on the controller. This is also sometimes referred to as turning the controller on and off. When you switch off the console, the controller will also power down by itself at the same time. If you have more than one controller, you can turn off the one you’re not using by pushing the “Off” button on the controller you are using to operate the game. Now, in order to accomplish that, here is the procedure to follow:
Read Also: How to Appear Offline on PS5
How to Turn On and Off on PS5 Controller
The following is the step-by-step technique that must be carried out in a meticulous manner:
1. You can remove the controller from the system by first powering down the console to which it is connected, then unplugging the controller from the console. This will allow you to remove the controller from the system.
2. If you have more than one controller, you can access the Home screen on any of them by pressing the PS button. This applies even if you only have one controller. When that, you will be able to access the menu of the Control Center by repeatedly pressing the PS button. This will become available after the previous step has been completed. Scrolling all the way down to the very bottom of the screen will bring up this menu for you to select from.
3. Utilize the menu that drops down from the very bottom of the screen in order to gain access to the Accessories. This menu may be found in the very centre of the screen (it looks like a controller).
4. Select the controller that is linked with the function that you wish to disable before continuing. This must be done before moving on to the next step.
5. Use the menu to get the Turn Off option when you want to power down the device. As a result of the fact that this is something that is to be expected, the LED indicator light that is present on the controller has to turn off.
Why do I Reset a PS5 DualSense Controller?
You may want to consider resetting your PlayStation 5 if you are encountering any of the following issues with it:
- Unfortunately, the PlayStation 5 console and the PlayStation 5 controller are not compatible with one another in any manner, and they cannot be used together in any way.
- As a result of an issue with the Bluetooth connectivity, there is currently no possibility to take part in any form of game that takes place via a wireless connection.
- It is necessary to connect the controller for the PlayStation 5 to another system in order for it to work properly.
Is It Safe to Unplug the PS5 While It Is Still On?
It is not suggested that you turn off the power to your PS5 while the system is still plugged in. To begin, there is a possibility that your gaming progress will be lost. Second, you run the risk of losing data even if you are in the middle of downloading or updating something. Because of this, you should avoid unplugging your console while it is active in order to avoid damaging it.
Be aware that even when you put your console into Rest mode, it is still still turned on, and this allows the device to use some amount of the available power. Unplugging your PlayStation 5 once it has been totally turned off is the most secure method possible.
Are You Still Experiencing Issues With Your PlayStation 5 Controller?
If restarting the controller does not resolve the issue, consider one of the following solutions:
- Attempt to establish the connection between the controller and the computer using a different USB-C cable.
- Check to see that there aren’t any obstacles in the way of the controller and the console that could cause the Bluetooth controller to malfunction.
- Perform a firmware update on the system. Navigate to the Settings menu, then select System, then select System Software, then select System Software Update and Settings, and finally select Update System Software.