Apple’s Live Listen function was at first conceived as a means of assisting users who struggled with hearing difficulties, but it now has a wide range of potential applications. When the Live Listen feature is activated on your iOS device, it functions in a manner analogous to that of a remote microphone, sending the audio that it records to your headphones.
This will walk you through using the Live Listen feature on your AirPods.
How to Use Live Listen on Your AirPods
Before you can make use of Live Listen, you will first have to include it into your Control Center.
1. Launch the app and select Settings. Select the Control Center option.
2. Make a tap on the plus sign (+) that is located next to Hearing.
3. Attach your Apple AirPods to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using the Lightning cable.
4. Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to open the Control Center on your device.
5. Select the Hearing option from the menu.
6. Tap Live Listen. Put your device in close proximity to the individual whose voice you wish to pick up. Adjustments can be made with the help of the volume buttons located on the side of your smartphone.
7. Tap Live Repeat what you just heard to disable the feature.
Does live listen only work with AirPods?
Officially, and perhaps not unexpectedly, Live Listen is only compatible with Apple’s AirPods, or at least it is compatible in this particular manner. You can still use hearing aids or headphones that were made specifically for the iPhone, and you can configure them by going to Settings > Accessibility. Unless you’re using AirPods, you won’t be able to get access to Control Center with only one tap.
Why won’t my live Listen work with my AirPods?
If you try to turn on Live Listen and you see the message “Unavailable for current route,” restarting your iOS device and then forgetting and re-connecting your AirPods in the Settings app’s Bluetooth menu should fix the problem. If you continue to see the message, try turning off Live Listen and turning it back on again.
Can you track AirPods if lost?
You can locate your AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max by using the Find My app, which displays them on a map and plays a sound. Find My can assist you in locating your AirPods if you have previously set up Find My on the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac that you are using in conjunction with your AirPods.
How far does live listen reach?
Live Listen is a feature that was introduced with iOS 12 that enables users to record noises that are picked up by the microphone on their device. It has a range of over 50 feet (15 metres), can operate through walls, and can be controlled from a mobile device.
Does AirPods leak sound?
The fact that the AirPods do not sit securely in your ear due to their oversized dimensions is the most likely explanation for the sound that is being let out by your AirPods. The most effective solution to this problem is to purchase silicon ear hooks or earbuds for AirPods, both of which are reasonably priced options.