Blasphemous 2 is a Metroidvania. Hence, the air dash is a crucial tool for leveling up. It’s useful not only for getting around obstacles and platforms but also for evading danger. This ability is similar to the Double Jump in that it lets you quickly propel yourself through the air to avoid obstacles or bypass foes. Most platformers’ signature ability is the air dash. This post covers how to gain access to Air Dash in Blasphemy 2.
How to Unlock the Air Dash
Blasphemous 2 has a hidden room in the Crown of Towers where you can gain access to the Air Dash ability. Even though you have already traversed a portion of this area, you will be unable to access the targeted room until you meet the following criteria:
- You need to begin by acquiring the Veredicto, Ruego Al Alba, and Sarmiento & Centella. You’ll have to employ all of these weapons’ features to go where you need to go on the map.
- The Double Jump ability is unlocked after defeating the boss Afilaor in Beneath Her Sacred Grounds, which is located south of the Mother of Mothers.
- Finally, make your way to the Chapel of the Five Doves, where a cutscene will play and Bifrost-like bridges will become accessible.
If you’ve already done everything necessary, here’s how to use the Air Dash ability in Blasphemous 2 (use the image above as a guide):
- To find bridges that look like Bifrost, travel to the Crown of Towers and then on to the Basilica of Absent Faces.
- To reach a different section of the Crown of Towers, just hop across the bridge.
- Compare your current location with the map in the image above, and you’ll go to the precise chamber relatively shortly.
- The Air Dash ability, known as Mercy of the Wind, is unlocked by going up to the statue and interacting with the urn.
As we mentioned before, using Air Dash will allow you to travel a fair distance while airborne, making it possible to clear high barriers. Additionally, Air Dash is equivalent to doing Double Jump twice in rapid succession. However, you won’t be able to spam these abilities forever because they have a brief cooldown.
How to Get the Air Dash
The location of the air dash for Blasphemous 2 is in the Crown of Towers. Due to the fact that there are some prerequisites, you won’t be able to obtain it right away. Before I go into detail about the process, let me first point out the precise location of the ability on the map:
Air Dash Location
The following is what I performed during my run through the game to unlock the ability to air dash:
- Since all three of the initial weapons required traversal skills to use, I made sure to get them all.
- The boss Afilaor was the one I had to defeat before I could get the Double Jump ability. That also involved a scenario set in the Chapel of the Five Doves.
- After that, I went to the Chapel of the Five Doves via the Aqueduct of the Costales and the Elevated Temples.
- The area also has a second scenario, after which I could traverse gaps thanks to the appearance of bifrost-like bridges.
After finishing the preceding, I headed back to the Crown of Towers, located in the extreme northeast of the map. After that, I entered the Basilica of Missing Faces, entering through the Bifrost bridge that led to the basement.
From there, I could return to the other half of the Crown of Towers, where I had previously accessed a crypt containing a statue by descending a set of stairs and bearing left. Known alternatively as “Mercy of the Wind,” this statue can suddenly leap into the air. If you’re in the air, you can press R2/RT.
How do you unlock abilities in Blasphemous 2?
The Penitent One can get access to a more powerful tier of the game and new combat abilities by visiting and discovering new Mea Culpa Shrines. Tears of Atonement must be spent at a Mea Culpa Shrine in order to gain access to the desired ability.
What is the ivy of ascension in Blasphemous 2?
The Penitent One will find and activate the Ivy of Ascension, the game’s first Relic of Contrition, early on. Once acquired, this Relic enables the Penitent One to hug various sorts of wall surfaces on top of acquiring the ability to wall jump.
Can you parry in Blasphemous 2?
The Penitent One may use either his weapon or his prayers to fight these foes. When the time is right, the Penitent One can parry an opponent’s feeble attack, leaving them wide exposed for a powerful counterattack.
Which weapon to choose Blasphemous 2?
The Ruego Al Alba, a one-handed blade, is the most well-rounded option, thanks to its lifesteal powers, respectable speed, and high combo damage. Players can cut and critically hit with the Sarmiento and Centella, but they must be wary of their opponents’ response.