Dark Souls ‘Daughters of Ash’ is a huge re-imagining and expansion of Dark Souls. It features new enemies and bosses, new characters, new story-lines, new weapons and items, expanded lore, and plenty of new secrets.
The creator Grimrukh has explained about Daughters of Ash mod:
“Daughters of Ash has more content than the original game, much of which cannot be seen in a single play-through due to the complex interactions between story-lines. It contains no new game assets (e.g. character models, map assets, dialogue recordings, visual effects) but accomplishes a great deal through modifying the game’s event scripts, placement data, and entity logic.”
And here’s the list of features which included in Daughters of Ash mod:
- New game progression
- Forget what you know about exploring Lordran. New world-changing events, key items, and unexpected pathways await you.
- New bosses and enemies
- Triumph in new boss battles, most of which are designed to promote novel game-play rather than sheer increased difficulty. Encounter new enemies on your journey – including enemies restored from cut content – and watch many old bosses and enemies behave in new ways.
- New NPCs and story-lines
- Meet new characters with brand new quest lines, which will intersect in numerous unpredictable ways as your journey continues. Even the stories of familiar characters may take unexpected turns.
- New weapons, items, and mechanics
- Discover new weapons with brand new abilities, many of which will require keen insights and careful consideration to master. Most existing equipment will not be exactly the way you remember.
- Expanded lore
- Learn more about Lordran’s past from new item descriptions and game-play events. (All new content is written to build upon the lore of the original game, rather than conflict with it.)
- New secrets
- Don’t expect to come anywhere close to unveiling all of the game’s hidden content in one or two play-throughs.
If you’re interested to download Daughters of Ash mod, you can download the mod through the Nexusmods here.