It has been seen that many new users are left confused when it comes to choosing a gaming laptop. While a normal work laptop should be smaller in size and portable, a gaming desktop should be with a bigger screen and more customizable. Both have a few similarities but there is a list of huge differences too. This blog is written to help you in differentiating between a gaming laptop and a normal personal laptop.
The key specifications of a gaming laptop
While buying a gaming laptop you need to look for specifications that are specifically required for gaming. Some of its chief features are:
Screen size and visual experience–With the introduction of new technologies like HD and 3D selecting the right screen size have become important. A bigger screen lets you enjoy the technological advancements. Some of the aspects related to visual experience are:
- The aspect ratio –The latest universally supported aspect ratio for gaming laptops is 16:9 that promises you an immersive experience.
- Good resolution – While choosing a gaming laptop look for resolutions like FHD, UHD, 4k and 8K.
- Viewing angle – A bad viewing angle means will not allow you to see the screen from all the angels and can cause a big hindrance. It is recommended that you tilt the monitor between 10 to 20 degrees from vertical.
Graphics – Here, you should ensure that your gaming laptop has the best graphics card inserted and see if can be upgraded easily. When it comes to GPUs, the NVIDIA and ATI are considered to be the best.
3D – This is the latest technology that has made a revolution in the world of gaming. Nowadays, most of the games are 3D-compatible. So, it is always advisable that you go for a 3D gaming laptop.
Audio – Good quality sound is a vital aspect when it comes to buying a gaming laptop. Sound proves to a huge part of the gaming experience that allows the user to get thoroughly absorbed in the ambiance irrespective of whether it is a single-player or multiplayer one.
Processor or Hard Drive – This is probably the most important feature of a gaming laptop. If you don’t want your laptop to get stuck while playing go for a laptop with a processor of not less than 4.0 GHz. Also, go for a SATA hard drive that draws less power and has good clock speed.
RAM– A RAM decides the total number of programs that can run parallelly on a laptop without affecting its computing speed. More RAM will offer a better gaming experience. Together with RAM the VRAM (video random access memory) is also important. VRAM is the dedicated RAM for graphics and videos. So, always check the ratings of the RAM and VRAM before you purchase a gaming laptop.
The key specifications of a gaming laptop
The specifications of a normal laptop are quite similar to that of a desktop. Some of the noteworthy specifications are:
- Battery life – This seems to be the most important feature when it comes to selecting a regular work laptop. To enjoy uninterrupted work, the battery should run for long. Smaller laptops come with integrated batteries that are not replaceable. So, pick your work laptop carefully considering this aspect.
- Size and weight – Always look for a laptop that is not too heavy so that you can carry it around conveniently. Nowadays, you will find lightweight laptops that are highly portable. A work laptop even with a small screen serves the purpose.
- Connectivity – In the case of a normal laptop,wireless connectivity is a must as it is mostly used for browsing. The laptop should be 802.11g Wi-Fi compatible to be able to easily connect to the public hotspots. Bluetooth connectivity is another desirable feature when it comes to connectivity as it makes file sharing easier.
- Optical drive– With the rise in cloud storage CD drives are becoming obsolete. But if you are planning to watch movies through DVDs then a DVD drive is a much desirable option.
- Ports – A good laptop should come with a number of ports. A few USB ports, audio port, HDMI port, Ethernet port and an SD card slot are some of the common options.
Check with us
Now that you have got a clear idea about the basic difference in the specifications of both the types of laptops.
What is Cloud Computing Everything You Need To Know
How to Share Audio With AirPods
How to Change a Spotify Password
How to Enable Discord Developer Mode on Desktop
How to Set a Sleep Timer on Spotify
Learn How to Get Free Robux & Roblox Codes in (June 2022)
Is Human Fall Flat Cross-platform: Here’s What You Need to Know June Updated
Diskeeper 18 Professional 20.0.1300 (Updated)
Here is the Detail about I Own AMC NFT Value – How Much You Worth? Updated
How to Upgrade Wood Frames in 7 Days to Die (Updated)
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology2 years ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide3 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming4 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch