If you don’t need them, the captions that Facebook shows on its videos might be really bothersome. However, they are there to assist you follow the content of the video. The following is a description of how to turn off the captions that appear on desktop versions of Facebook videos. It is important to keep in mind that Facebook does not synchronize the settings for your captions across all of your devices. This means that even if you disable the captions on your laptop, they will still appear on your phone, and vice versa. You will need to disable them one at a time, on each of your different devices. So let’s get started:
How to Disable Facebook Video Captions on Your Desktop
1. First, open Facebook on your preferred web browser on your computer, and then proceed to the next step. You will have the ability to conceal the subtitles that are now being shown on your desktop by doing this. Please ensure that you log in to your account even if you have done so in the past.
2. After you have successfully logged into Facebook, browse to the left sidebar, click the icon that corresponds to your profile, and then select the “Settings & Privacy” option.
3. From the menu that drops down and is labelled “Settings & Privacy,” select the option to “Settings.”
4. While you are on the “Settings” page, select “Videos” from the menu that is located in the sidebar on the left.
5. After that, you will be taken to a page that is labelled “Video Settings.” You may turn off the captions by clicking the drop-down menu that is situated here next to the words “Always Show Captions,” and then selecting the “Off” option from that menu.
6. Facebook will automatically save your selections, and the captions that were on your photographs and videos have been removed.
Choosen with your assistance
When you upload a video, auto-generated captions are made immediately after the video is uploaded. All of the video content you have will have its own captions automatically created when you watch it. You have two choices at your disposal if you wish to turn them off: Turn off the captions that are created automatically for all of your videos.
Change the setting from automatic to on or off.
Click the “Playback and performance” link located in the menu on the left. Check or uncheck Display the captions at all times. Check or uncheck Include captions that were generated automatically (when available). With this option, you can choose whether or not to automatically add subtitles to videos that already exist but do not have them added.
To edit your profile, go to the top right of Facebook and click on your profile image. After clicking on Settings & Privacy, select Settings from the drop-down menu. Keep scrolling down until you reach the Videos section in the left column. Turning off the Always Show Captions button will do the trick.
If the Closed Captioning option in the TV menu is set to Off, but the feature is still being displayed, then the closed captioning is being generated by a different device, such as a set-top box for cable or satellite television. It is necessary to turn off the Closed Captioning feature on the device that is responsible for decoding the Closed Captioned signal in order to remove the closed captioning from the television screen.