Try to identify the most frequent root cause of an Android screen that won’t rotate when you tilt the phone sideways when troubleshooting it. Because hardware failure is the least likely scenario, the simplest solution is to attempt a reboot or an update on your phone first.
We’ve gathered a list of proven solutions for this problem, ranging from the simplest to the most challenging.
Read Also: How To Extract APK Files On Android
Cause of Android Screen Not Rotating
Any of the below issues can prevent your screen to rotate properly when you turn your phone.
- Auto rotate option is turned off or not working.
- The screen you’re using isn’t set to auto-rotate.
- Recent apps are interfering with auto-rotate.
- You’re touching the screen when you rotate.
- Your Android needs to be updated.
- G-sensor or accelerometer is faulty.
How to When Android Screen Won’t Rotate
This is a common problem with Android phones and is typically unimportant. Follow these actions to remedy the issue.
1. On Auto rotate This option is under the Quick Settings menu. Auto rotate is enabled if it is highlighted in blue. Auto rotate is deactivated if you see a Portrait symbol instead of Auto rotate. TAP PORTRAIT TO USE AUTO
2. Keep your distance. REMEMBER, YOUR ANDROID SCREEN IS TO Holding the screen while rotating your phone disables auto rotation. Any Android motion will do the same. So, when rotating the phone, simply grasp the body edges. If you’re confident you didn’t touch the screen, calibrate it to ensure it doesn’t detect taps when you don’t.
3. Reboot your Android. Restarting your phone clears system memory, resolving numerous odd behaviours. If your Android screen is not spinning, it may be because your phone is sluggish or your screen has frozen.
4. Rotate the Home screen. Other programmes may rotate correctly while your Home, Lock, or Voice Call screen does not. Auto rotate does not rotate these displays by default. For this, return to the first step’s auto rotate symbol and tap immediately below it to access its options. Toggle the Home, Lock, or Voice call screen toggle switches to enable this feature.
5. Upgrade Android. BUG FIXES ARE COMMON IN NEW OP The latest updates may contain fixes for new viruses or spyware that harm auto rotation. Otherwise, you’ll need to remove the malware from your phone.
6. Check your app’s rotation options. Like with Google Photos, you can rotate videos. It’s possible that those app settings are interfering with auto rotation.
7. Reset your Android’s sensors. A figure-eight motion is required. The accelerometer and G-sensor revert to default settings. If you wish to flip the screen, this might assist.
8. Uninstall recent applications Incompatible apps with Android’s auto rotation function may be the cause of this behaviour.
9. Repair the phone. A malfunctioning piece of hardware may be the root problem, requiring repair.
Why won’t my screen rotate on my Android?
Check to see whether the screen rotation is already on by turning it off and back on. You may verify this option by swiping down from the very top of the display screen. If it isn’t present, go to Settings > Display > Screen rotation and see if that helps.
Where is quick settings on Android?
To access the Android Quick Settings menu, just drag your finger from the top of your screen down to the bottom of your screen. You’ll see a shortened menu (the screen to the left) that you can use as-is or drag down to reveal an extended fast settings tray (the screen to the right) with more options if your phone is unlocked.
How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord
How to Send Videos on Discord
How to Restart Any Apple TV Model
THE BEST HEALTH SYSTEMS IN THE WORLD
How to Install Add Google Drive to File Explorer
Kahoot Hack Auto Answer Bot: How to Hack Kahoot Answers 2022
Pet Simulator Z Link and Codes in Roblox
How to Find all 110 Bacons in Find The Bacons – Roblox
Bloxburg School Test Answers – How to Pass and Win the Trophy
What is Resource Planning in Project Management and What You Need to Know
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide2 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch