Chances are, whether you’re a casual player or an experienced assassin with the controller, you’ll find yourself running out of storage space on your Xbox.
Consoles with a 500GB or 1TB storage capacity are available for purchase; a more modern console with a 1TB storage capacity is available for purchase as well. Because some games, such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, may take up over 200GB of storage space on your console’s hard drive, this makes a significant impact when it comes to game storage. As your game library grows in size as a result of greater game downloads, you’ll find yourself needing additional storage space on your smartphone.
Wondering how to get more storage on Xbox? Here’s everything you need to know about expanding your Xbox’s storage capacity.
- 1 How Much Space Does an Xbox come with?
- 2 How do I Check how much storage space is available?
- 3 How To Get More Storage on Your Xbox
- 4 Video
How Much Space Does an Xbox come with?
After launching in 2013, Xbox One consoles offered 500GB of storage space on their first iteration. When you consider that some games may take up to 200GB of space, you’d rapidly run out of space after downloading only a few games of that size. If your games were on average 45GB in size (the majority of games are between 35GB and 50GB), you could put around 11 games on your console before needing to upgrade your storage capacity.
A 1TB Xbox One was introduced in 2016, as were the Xbox Series S and X in 2010. These upgrades allow gamers to download double the number of games they were previously able to download. Because the average game size is 45GB, many Xbox owners may download up to 22 games on their system at the same time. If all of your games together took up over 200GB of space, you would only be able to fit five games on your system before running out of capacity.
How do I Check how much storage space is available?
Are you unsure of how to determine the amount of storage space available on your mobile device? It’s a simple process.
1. To begin, press the “Xbox” button on your controller’s analogue stick.
2. Profile & System, then “All Settings,” then “System,” then “Storage,” and then “Save.”
3. The quantity of storage space that has been used in comparison to the amount of storage space that is available should be displayed from here.
How To Get More Storage on Your Xbox
1. Uninstall Unwanted Games and Apps
You might be wondering how you can acquire additional storage space on your Xbox for free. The simple solution is to uninstall any games or programmes that you aren’t currently using. It is quite easy for downloaded games and programmes (such as music and TV streaming apps) to use the vast bulk of your available storage space. Take a look at your downloads and delete any games that you aren’t currently interested in playing.
Uninstalling games and applications is as follows:
1. “Go to my games & applications” may be found on the home screen by selecting it.
2. Choose the game or application that you wish to remove.
3. To access the menu, press the “Menu” button on your controller.
4. “Manage game/app” will appear when you choose it.
5. Choose the file that you wish to remove from your computer.
6. To uninstall, select “Uninstall.”
It is always possible to reinstall a game that you have already purchased if and when you wish to play it again—as long as you have enough space on your Xbox hard drive, that is.
2. Delete Saved Game Files From Disk (That Are Already Backed Up to the Cloud)
The data from your game is stored to both your console and the cloud every time you play a game, regardless of how long you play. Because they are already backed up to the cloud, another method to free up space on your device is to delete any saved game files that are currently on your hard drive.
How to uninstall games from your computer while keeping them in the cloud:
1. To access the “Xbox” button on your controller, press it.
2. Select “Profile & System” > “Settings” > “Profile & System” “System” is preferred over “Storage.”
3. After reaching the “Manage storage devices” page, select “Clear local Xbox 360 storage” from the drop-down menu.
4. This will delete the games from the local computer while retaining them on the cloud.
Select “Clear local saved games” from the same “Manage storage devices” page that you used earlier. This will delete any games that have been downloaded to your hard disc, but will retain them stored in the cloud.
However, you may not wish to remove or delete anything from your device, and you may be asking how to free up space on your Xbox without uninstalling games or removing apps from your device. There is, fortunately, an alternate solution.
3. Don’t Want to Delete Games? Add an External Hard Drive
This one will cost you some money, but it will be well worth it in the long run. Adding an external hard drive may more than quadruple the amount of storage space available on your Xbox.
Before you go down this road, be sure it fits the following three requirements:
1. The external hard drive should be completely empty (any data on the device will be erased during the installation).
2. The external hard drive should have a minimum of 256GB of storage capacity.
3. The USB 3.0 interface on the external hard disc must be supported.
You’ll be prompted to pick “Format storage device” once your hard drive has been successfully connected to your console. The rest will be handled by your gaming console. If you find yourself running out of space on your external hard drive, keep in mind that you can always acquire another one.
How to Whisper to Teammates in Valorant
How to Tame an Ocelot in Minecraft
How to Get Disney Plus on Your Apple TV
How to Have No Face in Roblox?
How to Get Pearls In Roblox Islands
Kahoot Hack Auto Answer Bot: How to Hack Kahoot Answers 2022
Pet Simulator Z Link and Codes in Roblox
How to Find all 110 Bacons in Find The Bacons – Roblox
Bloxburg School Test Answers – How to Pass and Win the Trophy
What is Resource Planning in Project Management and What You Need to Know
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide2 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch