The process by which you mark as unread any messages that you have opened on Facebook differs depending on whether you access Facebook from a mobile device or a traditional computer. To signal to your browser that a message has been received but has not yet been read: In the following post, you will learn how to designate as unread any messages that have been received on Facebook.
How to Mark a Message as Unread on Facebook
1. Launch Facebook in your web browser, and then select the icon that resembles a speech bubble from the menu that appears in the upper-right hand corner of the window. This will bring up a list of the most recent Facebook messages that have been sent to you in chronological order.
2. Clicking on the tiny circle that is situated directly beneath the date of the message will let people know that you have not yet read the messages that have been posted in the thread.
3. If the message thread that you are looking for is not visible, you can click the See All in Messenger link that is placed at the bottom of the screen. This link also contains any recent messages that you have received.
4. Select the thread of messages you wish to work on, and then select the gear icon that may be found directly beneath the current date.
5. Select the option to “Mark as Unread” when prompted.
Other choices, such as Mute, Archive, Delete, Mark as Spam, Report Spam or Abuse, Ignore Message, and Block Messages, may be found in the gear drop-down menu. Mute allows you to silence incoming messages, while Archive and Delete allow you to delete them.
Can you mark a Facebook message as unread after reading it?
By selecting the unread option, you will be able to preserve the message in its unread state, which means that it will change from the viewed message that you received to the unread message. To mark a chat as unread on your messenger, tap and hold on the conversation, then select the Mark as unread option from the menu that appears.
When you mark as read on Messenger do they know?
The instant you click the “mark as read” button, the other person will be told that they have “seen so and so time” of the message.
What is the blue dot on messenger?
If you have a blue dot next to your name in Messenger, it indicates that you have unread chat messages from a friend or contact. As soon as you open the discussion and look at the message, the notice will be dismissed.
What does a blue dot next to a message mean?
When using the Android text messages app, if the message bubble is blue, it indicates that the message was sent as a conversation. It is an excellent method for determining whether or not the text you have just delivered was in fact a chat message. If the message you receive has a green background or the colour that is typically used for messaging, then the message is a text message.