It is possible that, when you connected and set your drive, you selected “Maintain my previously used installation location” due to the fact that Series X or S games cannot be played if they have been placed on a USB drive. If this is the case, you will need to move games to other locations on the hard drive on a regular basis in order to make place for other games. The procedure of moving games from an Xbox console of series X or S to an external drive is outlined in this guide, which you may use as a reference when performing the task. So let’s get started:
Read Also: How to Appear Offline on Xbox Series X or S
- 1 How to Move Games to an External Drive on Xbox Series X or S
- 2 FAQs
How to Move Games to an External Drive on Xbox Series X or S
This is the procedure for achieving that goal.
1. To launch the Guide, press the Xbox button, and then choose My games & apps from the menu that appears.
2. Mark the game you wish to relocate, then hit the view button (which looks like two boxes piled on top of one another) on your controller.
3. Mark the game you want to move or copy, then do one of those three things.
4. Make sure you are moving the game you wish to move from the device’s internal storage to its external drive before you select the game to move. If there are numerous options to choose from on this screen, you have the option to Select all of them.
5. Choose the selected option to move.
6. Watch the action unfold before you move.
7. When it’s done, your game will be stored on the drive that’s connected to your computer. You are free to move it back whenever you like, or if the game is an Xbox, Xbox 360, or Xbox One title, you can play it directly from the disc.
Why does it take so long to install games on Xbox Series S?
The size of the game files is the biggest contributor to the length of time required to download the game. Even if you have a lightning-fast internet connection and everything else works perfectly, it will still take longer for games to download on newer consoles than it did on earlier ones.
Why does Xbox One S take so long to install games?
There are various factors that might contribute to a sluggish download speed on an Xbox, like downloading an excessive amount of games at once, having bad connectivity issues, or having a slow internet connection.
Do games download faster when Xbox One Series S is off?
How much quicker does the Xbox One download games with instant-on mode turned on compared to when the console is in sleep mode? In a general sense, it will be the same speed that it uses to download games at any other time.
Does Xbox turn off storage when turned off?
If, on the other hand, you pick the option “When Xbox Is Off Power Off Storage,” you will be able to safely unplug the hard drive without having to turn on your Xbox once more to determine whether or not it is secure to do so. If you make use of external storage on your console, this is a handy function that you should definitely give some consideration to putting to use.
Does Xbox series S have enough storage?
Even though the Xbox Series X and Series S come with features that help save storage space, the amount of data that can be stored on the systems’ internal SSDs will be limited over time. The Xbox Series X comes with a 1TB SSD, while the Xbox Series S only has 512GB; however, once the system files are taken into account, the actual storage space is only 802GB and 364GB, respectively.