Twitter users have the option to mute phrases that they do not wish to see. When you mute a word, any Tweets using that phrase or hashtag will be removed from your alerts, timeline, and replies.
MUTE WORDS OR PHRASES ON AN IPHONE
The following is the procedure to follow if you’re using the Twitter app on your iPhone:
- Long-press on the word you wish to mute to make it disappear.
- “Mute” may be selected from the pop-up menu.
- You’ll be sent to a screen where you can choose where you want to mute the term (your timeline or notifications), from whom you want to silence the word (anyone or individuals you don’t follow), and for how long you want to mute the word (forever, 24 hours, seven days, or 30 days).
MUTE WORDS OR PHRASES ON AN ANDROID PHONE
Don’t be discouraged if you have an Android smartphone. The Android Twitter app (and, for that matter, the iOS Twitter app) also allows you to mute certain terms via the program’s settings. It’s not quite as quick as sending a tweet straight from your computer, but it’s just as effective anyway.
- Choose your icon from the drop-down menu in the top left corner.
- Select “Settings and privacy” from the drop-down menu. « Privacy and security » against « Mute and block ».
- Then choose “Muted words.”
- To silence a word, press the + symbol and type the word in the box that appears. You will then be presented with the same options as before, including where, from whom, and for how long
Alternatively, you may return to the “Muted words” screen and choose the appropriate option (“Delete word” or “Change mute time”) by tapping on the word in question and selecting the appropriate option (“Delete word” or “Change mute time”).
MUTE WORDS OR PHRASES ON YOUR DESKTOP
And finally, if you’re tweeting directly from Twitter’s website, you can mute a word from there as well.
- On your desktop, from the left-hand menu, click on “More” > “Settings and privacy” > “Privacy and safety” > “Mute and block.”
- In the right column, click on “Muted words.” Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner.
- Now you can enter the word or phrase you want to mute. As with the mobile Twitter apps, you can choose whether to mute from your timeline or notifications, from anyone or people you don’t follow, and for how long.
- When you’ve made all your choices, click on “Save.”
- If you want to unmute any words, go back to the “Muted words” column. Click on the red crossed-out volume symbol to the right of the word, and then click “Unmute” on the pop-up window that appears.
How to Find and Unlock All New Sonic in Find the Sonic Morphs?
PS Plus Premium’s Cloud Streaming Does Not Support PS5 Games
AMD confirms first PCIe 5.0 SSDs will launch alongside Zen 4
How to Charge Your Apple TV Remote
How to Get Disney+ on Your VIZIO Smart TV
Kahoot Hack Auto Answer Bot: How to Hack Kahoot Answers 2022
Pet Simulator Z Link and Codes in Roblox
How to Find all 110 Bacons in Find The Bacons – Roblox
Bloxburg School Test Answers – How to Pass and Win the Trophy
What is Resource Planning in Project Management and What You Need to Know
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide2 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch