To explain how Instagram tags work, each picture in which you are tagged is shown in the “tagged” part of your Instagram profile if you are not already aware with the feature. This implies that anybody looking through your recent Valencia-filtered photos will be able to see the unsightly #ThrowbackThursday picture that your college friend tagged you in if they look closely enough.
Here’s how to removed tagged photos on Instagram.
- Open Instagram and choose your profile from the drop-down menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the display.
- After that, choose the tagged picture icon. Located on the right-hand side of the screen, just below your Instagram bio, it’s easy to find.
- You’ll be able to view all of the Instagram photographs in which you’ve been tagged in the future. Select the person you wish to untag by tapping on his or her name. As a result of my dissimilarity to a stove, I’m going to remove the tag from this photograph of a kitchen.
- Tap anywhere on the image and your Instagram username will appear. Tap your username once.
- Then choose “More Options” from the drop-down menu. You may also pick “Hide from My Profile,” however this will not completely erase the tag from your profile.
- Select “Remove Me From Photo” from the drop-down menu.
- A reminder will pop up. Tap “Remove” to confirm you want to remove the photo tag.