Players have been left scratching their brains over how to use the Parachute effectively while travelling at speeds of up to 93 miles per hour (150 kilometres per hour). But regrettably, Grand Theft Auto 5 does not include any kind of tutorial or instruction regarding how to make use of a parachute, which is an extremely rare decision made by Rockstar Games.
Read Also: How to Disable Recording in GTA V on PC
How to Use a Parachute in GTA 5
Now that you have a Parachute in your inventory, the next thing you need to do is either spawn a Buzzard Attack Chopper or locate a tall building that you can leap off of in order to climb up high into the sky.
1. Throw yourself off a tall building or an aeroplane:
2. Allow yourself to freely fall to the desired height:
3. In order to open the parachute, one must:
- Use the left mouse button or the “F” key (PC)
- Press X (PlayStation)
- Click the A button (Xbox)
4. In order to direct the parachute:
- To go left or right, use the left analogue stick on the PlayStation or Xbox.
- Hold down the A and D keys on your keyboard while pressing them (PC)
5. To quicken or slow the descent of the parachute, respectively:
- To move forward or backward, either push or pull forward or backward on the left analogue stick (PlayStation/Xbox).
- While holding down the shift key, press the W/S key on your keyboard (PC)
6. In order to achieve a more accurate landing:
- Apply pressure and maintain it. On your keyboard, press the Shift key (PC)
- While holding down the L1 and R2 buttons (PlayStation)
- Maintain pressure on the LB and RB buttons (Xbox)
How do you control a parachute?
Pulling on control lines allows for the form of the wing to be altered, rotation of the wing to occur, as well as an increase or decrease in the rate at which the parachutist is falling. Parachutes used in modern times have a rectangular shape, which is a significant departure from the round parachutes used in the past.
Do you automatically get a parachute in GTA 5?
Every aircraft is equipped with a free parachute. When you board an aeroplane, a parachute will be provided for you automatically.
How to fly a plane in GTA 5 PC without number pad?
If you do not have a number pad at your disposal, you can either fly with the mouse or rebind the controls in order to play the game. If you find that using a mouse to control vehicles is difficult for you, you can try adjusting the settings for the sensitivity and auto-centering of the mouse to see if this makes a difference.
What is the parachute icon in GTA 5?
Players will be able to purchase parachutes from Ammu-Nation if they have completed the Minor Turbulence goal in which Trevor purposefully crashes an aeroplane. This objective is necessary in order to unlock the parachutes. Once the player has the parachute in their possession, they will be given the option to make use of it whenever they are in jeopardy of falling from a substantial height once they have obtained the parachute.