Although your Apple account is pre-loaded with 5 GB of iCloud storage space, it can quickly become full of photos and movies. However, if there is not enough room for all of your photos, documents, chats, and other material, you may want to explore purchasing additional storage space through iCloud. Apple provides a choice of plans, and the Settings app on your iPhone allows you to upgrade to a more expensive one. Because of all of the images, songs, and apps that you store on your phone, there is a good chance that you may run out of storage space sooner rather than later. You have many options available to you to solve the storage problems on your iPhone. This guide will walk you through the steps of purchasing additional storage for your iPhone:
Read Also: How to Customize App Icons on an iPhone
How to Buy More Storage on an iPhone
The cloud storage solution offered by Apple is known as iCloud Storage. When you have iCloud storage, you may save your data in the cloud and retrieve it from your Apple devices. iCloud storage is available for a monthly fee. For instance, photos you capture with your smartphone can be uploaded to the cloud and accessed from your computer, and vice versa.
The vast majority of Apple users can quickly exhaust the free storage space provided by iCloud, even though Apple does supply some storage space for free. You can avoid the hassle of deciding what to keep and what to discard to make room for new content by purchasing additional iCloud storage directly from your mobile device rather than having to make that choice.
1. Visit the Settings menu.
2. Put your name on a piece of tape and place it at the top of the screen.
3. Choose the iCloud option.
4. Select the option to Manage Storage. On some devices, it could be iCloud Storage rather than iCloud Storage, depending on the version of iOS that you are running.
5. Choose the Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan option depending on whether this is your first time upgrading your iCloud storage plan or whether you have updated your storage in the past but now need to do so again.
6. Select the upgrade option corresponding to the required storage space. Keep in mind that you can upgrade or downgrade at any time, but, if you downgrade to a plan with less storage space than the amount of data you now have, you run the risk of losing some of your data.
7. After you have decided on a storage plan, you will need to confirm your purchase in one of two ways: either by pushing and holding the side button on your phone for two seconds or submitting your credit card information when prompted. After confirming your account, you will continue to be charged monthly for your iCloud storage until you terminate the service.
iCloud offers three storage tiers: 50 gigabytes, 200 gigabytes, and 2 terabytes. If you take many photos, download playlists to your phone, listen to many podcasts, or download videos, then the 200GB or 2TB storage plan would better suit your needs than the 50GB storage plan. If you take many photos, download playlists to your phone, listen to many podcasts, or download videos.
How much is it to buy storage on iPhone?
Apple’s iCloud storage comes in three capacities: 50 gigabytes, 200 gigabytes, and 2 terabytes. These are memberships that are paid for every month. You will be charged $0.99 per month for 50 GB of storage space. The pricing of the 200GB plan is $1.99 per month, while the 2TB plan costs $10.99 per month.
Can I buy more GB storage on my iPhone?
The answer to why additional storage space cannot be purchased for an iPhone is straightforward: the amount of physical storage space included with the device is predetermined and cannot be altered. iCloud is a cloud-based service that may be used to store images, movies, and other types of material; however, purchasing storage for an iPhone is not the same as using iCloud.
Is 128 GB enough for an iPhone?
You can keep some of your images, music, and videos locally on your iPhone if it has 128GB of storage capacity. Because of this, you are not required to rely solely on the storage provided by iCloud.
What iPhone has the most storage?
However, these highest-end iPhones will cost more than the ones from the previous generation, which had a maximum capacity of 512 gigabytes: the 1TB iPhone 13 Pro will cost $1,499, and the 1TB iPhone Pro Max will cost $1,599, making it the most expensive iPhone to date. They effectively doubled the storage space compared to the 512GB versions, which cost an additional $200.
Is iCloud storage free?
If you sign up for iCloud, Apple will immediately provide you with 5 GB of free storage space. You have the option to upgrade to iCloud+ if you require additional storage space in iCloud or if you desire access to premium features.