Because there are so many folders, it is easy to forget where you placed certain files when you have dozens of folders on your Mac. This makes it easier for you to lose things. You may use the colour coding system that is included in macOS to help you with this, but changing the icons of your folders is the best method to genuinely make them stand out from one another. You can use the colour coding system that is provided in macOS to help you with this.
The icon that represents a folder on a Mac will initially be blue, but you have the ability to alter it to any other colour or image. It is a fantastic method for giving your computer a more personalized feel and drawing attention to the files that are most essential to you.
Read Also: How to Go Full Screen Mode on Mac
How to Change the Folder Icons on a Mac
First things first, select the image you wish to use as your new icon and save it to your computer. It may be a meme, a photo of you, or even the exact same folder symbol but in a different colour; this could be anything you want it to be.
1. Launch the image viewer of your choice, such as Preview or your web browser, and load the picture you want to utilize.
2. Copy the image to the clipboard on your computer. This can almost always be accomplished by selecting Edit from the menu bar that appears at the top of your screen, and then selecting Copy from the submenu that appears. You can also try right-clicking the photo, going to the menu that appears, and selecting Copy from there.
The next step is to copy and paste it into the icon slot of the folder.
3. Locate the folder (or file or application) whose icon you wish to modify, right-click it, and then select the Get Info option from the context menu.
4. At the very top of the new information window that has appeared, click the icon that corresponds to the current state. It will be highlighted in blue at that point.
5. Paste the image you copied into the icon slot by using the Command and V keys simultaneously. You will see the symbol change as soon as it happens.
If at any time you decide that you would like to revert the icon back to its original state, simply open the info window, select the icon once more, and then hit the Command and X keys simultaneously.
How do I change folder icons in Windows 10?
To apply your selection, right-click a folder, pick Properties, then select Customize, then select Change icon. Finally, select an icon from the list that appears, and then click OK. Choose Browse as an alternate option to search a certain folder containing custom icons. You can alter the icons of folders in Windows 11 by following the same instructions as before.
What is folder Action Setup in Mac?
You can attach scripts to folders on your Mac through the use of a feature called Folder Actions, which is included in OS X. A folder action script may contain one or more event handlers that are programmed to execute in response to specific events, such as the opening or closing of a connected folder or the addition of objects to the folder.
Apeirophobia Roblox Wiki A Complete Walkthtough Guide
How to Gift Cars In Forza Horizon 5
How to Rotate Furniture in Stardew Valley
How to Get a Sparrow in Destiny 2
How to Clean a Floppy Disk Drive
Is Neverwinter Online Crossplay? 2022 All Platforms
Is The Forest Cross Platform?(PS4 & Xbox) Everything You Need to Know
How to Invest in GTE Technology
Learn How to Get Free Robux & Roblox Codes in 2022
Best Skyrim Name Generator – Find All Kinds of Skyrim Names
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide1 month ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch