How to Change NAT Type on a PC?
There will be occasions in which you will be required to alter the NAT type on your personal computer, but you will be unable to do it for one reason or another. During the course of this discussion, you will become familiar with the strategy that is both the quickest and the easiest way to change the Network Address Translation type on your very own personal computer. Let’s get the most important thing out of the way first: let’s review some of the information we’ve already learned, shall we? What precisely is natural antidote therapy, and in what kinds of situations is it used?
Read Also: How to Join A PlayStation Party Chat on PC
What is NAT?
The mapping of an IP address to a different address can be accomplished through a process known as Network Address Translation. This procedure requires altering the information on the network address. If you altered them while the network packets were moving through a traffic routing device, that would be helpful.
While changing NAT might appear to be a straightforward task, there is a possibility that you will face a number of challenging obstacles. This occurs because the manufacturers of NAT have imposed certain limitations, and you are responsible for ensuring that those limitations are met on your own.
Methods to change NAT type on PC
The following is a rundown of the straightforward procedures for altering the NAT kind on a PC device:
Method 1- Port Forward
If you want to change your NAT type but don’t want to deal with any additional headaches, this is the most usual method. You will need to check both the model of your router and the ports that are required by the game you wish to play.
- You will need to navigate to the homepage of your router and select the Port Forwarding option from the list that appears there.
- In the first area, you will be asked to input the game’s ports. In the next column, you will be asked to enter your IP address.
- You will be prompted to choose the device that you wish to point to at this time. Following that, choose between the UDP and TCP choices.
- You can now save the settings and restart the device to see the effects right away.
Method 2- Use a VPN
Because there are no data caps or quotas to adhere to when using a VPN, this makes it the most effective method for getting around NAT connections. If you are connected to a virtual private network (VPN), any data that passes through your computer will be encrypted. It will assist you in protecting your online identity from being viewed by the physical network, and you will still be able to gain access to the network without any issues.
The most significant benefit of using a virtual private network (VPN) is that it makes it more difficult for your internet service provider to monitor your traffic and impose any kind of limitations on it.
Method 3- Through Network Discovery
Windows users have the ability to modify their NAT Type through the usage of the Network Discovery settings:
In order to activate the network Discovery, please follow these steps:
- Launch the Windows Start menu.
- Search, then navigate to the options.
- Select the Network and Internet option.
- After that, select the Network and Sharing Center option.
- Choose Make adjustments to the more complex sharing settings on the left.
- Activate the option for network discovery, and be sure to check the box indicating linked devices as well.
- You can now save the settings, and after doing so, you will be able to activate the network discovery feature on your Windows device.