When playing Pokemon Go, Sun Stones can assist you in evolving a variety of animals, including Cottonee, into its ultimate form. Here’s how to obtain them as well as which Pokemon require them in order to develop.
Evolution Items have always been tough to come by in Pokemon games, but Niantic has made them much more difficult to come by in Pokemon Go by removing the requirement to visit a certain location in order to obtain them, as there is in the mainline games.
To discover a Sun Stone in order to develop characters such as Cottonee, Gloom, Lilligant or Heliolisk into their ultimate forms in the game, you’ve come to the right spot. Below you’ll find all of the information you need to know about finding a Sun Stone in the game.
Read Also: How to Get Mega Energy in Pokemon Go!
How to Get a Sun Stone in Pokemon Go
Spinning Stones can only be obtained by spinning PokeStops and Gyms, and they cannot be obtained any other way (and occasionally as Field Research rewards). Because the drop rate is so low (just 1 percent), getting your hands on one of the stones is an extremely difficult undertaking.
Furthermore, they drop with other Evolution Items, reducing your odds of obtaining one even further as you may end up with a different item instead.
Here are some pointers on how to obtain a Sun Stone in a short period of time:
- Spin as many PokeStops and Gyms as you can to get as many points as can.
- Visit a popular region with a high concentration of PokeStops, which will allow you to maximize the quantity of PokeStops you can spin in a short period of time.
- When you reach a 7-day run of earning your PokeStop Daily Bonus, you’ll be awarded with a unique Evolution Item. Perhaps, if you’re lucky, it will turn out to be the Sun Stone!
- Keep a watch out for Field Research assignments that are only available during an event and that yield Evolution Items such as the Sun Stone.
While getting your hands on the Sun Stone isn’t the quickest or most straightforward approach, perseverance and patience may be rewarded.
All Pokemon that evolve with a Sun Stone in Pokemon Go
These are the Pokemon that need a Sun Stone to evolve in Pokemon Go:
Fortunately, there aren’t many Pokemon that require the Sun Stone in order to evolve, so you won’t have to hunt down too many of the rare Evolution Items in order to complete the game’s objectives.
Gloom, for example, will require a specific quantity of Candy in order to develop into Bellossom, whereas the others will require a less amount.
How to Evolve Pokemon with Sun Stones
Once you’ve completed the aforementioned prerequisites and obtained a Sun Stone for your selected Pokemon, all you have to do is follow the instructions outlined below:
- To begin, open the Pokemon Go application and choose the Poke Ball symbol that appears in the bottom-middle of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. To access your Pokedex, select ‘Pokemon’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then locate and choose the creature from which you want to develop it.
- If you match the conditions, you’ll see the word ‘Evolve’ shown beneath the word ‘Power Up’ on the following window. That should be chosen.
That’s all there is to it! With the Sun Stone now in hand, your Pokemon will be able to evolve, and your new evolution will be ready to employ in combat! So, there you have it — everything you need to know about how to obtain a Sun Stone in Pokemon Go has been provided for you.