This article will walk you through the steps required to enable Dark Mode within the Facebook app that is installed on your mobile device. These instructions can be followed on both iOS and Android devices.
How to Get Back Facebook Dark Mode On Your iOS and Android
If you update an app to the newest version, there is a chance that it will break a feature that was previously working, such as the Dark Mode. The following is an explanation of how to resolve problems with Apple’s Dark Mode.
1. To close out of the Facebook app on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad), double-tap the home button on your device, and then slide up from the bottom of the screen. If the “Home” button on your iPhone is missing, you can still exit the Facebook app by swiping up from the bottom of the screen in the opposite direction.
2. You should look at what’s available on the Apple App Store.
3. Tap the image of your profile to see it in its entirety.
4. If you need to make any changes to Facebook, you can do so by hitting the Update button that is situated next to the Facebook icon. This will allow you to access Facebook’s settings.
5. Restart your phone.
6. Launch the Facebook app on your mobile device, and then tap the menu button that looks like three horizontal lines (three lines).
7. Proceed to the setting by selecting the “Settings” option (gear).
8. Choose the Dark Mode option from the list of possible options on the drop-down menu.
9. Turn Dark Mode On.
On Android Devices
Fixing this issue on an Android smartphone follows a process that is quite similar to the one described above.
1. Put an abrupt stop to using the app. Swiping the Facebook app off the screen or navigating to Settings > Apps > Facebook and selecting the option there are both effective methods for abruptly closing the Facebook app.
2. Start the process of submitting the software to the Google Play Store.
3. To access your profile’s emblem, tap on it.
4. Choose the one that allows you to manage applications and your device.
5. If you look under the Updates Available heading and see an option that says See Details, select that option.
6. If you need to update the app, you can do so by tapping the Update button that is situated next to the Facebook button.
7. Launch the Facebook app, then tap the icon that resembles three lines running horizontally across the screen.
8. Navigate to the option labelled “Settings” (gear).
9. Under Preferences, tap Dark Mode.
10. Tap the button labelled On (or use the system settings if Android Dark Mode is already turned on).
Is Dark Mode better?
The Dark Mode is preferred by the majority of users since it appears more professional. However, it has also been reported that switching to Dark Mode puts less strain on the eyes, and it doesn’t influence melatonin levels (which means that you won’t be able to fall asleep if you play on your phone before bed).
Additionally, the Dark Mode consumes less power than the option that is brighter. In general, the Dark Mode is a well-liked function for a valid explanation. On the other hand, there are many that favour the default user interface, which is why you have the option to switch back at any time.
Why did Facebook decide to get rid of the dark mode?
As at the time this article was written, Facebook continues to support the dark mode. There have been claims from a subset of users that the feature is absent; however, it has always been a glitch that Facebook has fixed with an update—either on the server side or to the app itself.