Here is your Your Ultimate Guide to Installing Gorilla Tag Mods on Oculus Quest. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide to installing Gorilla Tag mods on the Oculus Quest no matter what PC setup you have.
There are two methods and you can use anyone of them:
First method elaborated here:
- Download the SideQuest app on your phone.
- Connect your Quest 2 to your phone using a USB cable.
- Open the SideQuest app and navigate to the “Unknown Sources” tab.
- Enable the “Unknown Sources” toggle.
- Click on the “Install APK” button.
- Select the mod APK file that you want to install.
- Click on the “Install” button.
Once the mod is installed then you need to launch Gorilla Tag and join a modded lobby.
What are some of the mods that you can install:
- Gorilla OS: This mod adds a lot of new features to the game, such as custom maps, skins, and music.
- Infinite Grapple: This mod gives you unlimited grapples and you can swing around the maps.
- No Grapple Cooldown: This mod removes the cooldown on the grapple and you can use it as often as you want.
- Super Jump: This mod gives you a higher jump so that you can reach to higher places.
- No Clip: This mod allows you to pass through walls and objects.
Please note that using mods can get you banned from the game.
What You will Need
Before we dive into the modding magic, make sure you have the following gear ready:
Oculus Quest headset: Your trusty portal to the virtual world.
USB-C cable: This will be your bridge to connect the Oculus Quest to your computer.
A curious spirit: Because exploring new possibilities is what gaming is all about!
Step 1: Accessing the Older Version
First things first, say goodbye to your current version of “Gorilla Tag.” We’re making room for the new and improved (thanks to mods) version.
You need to download the older version by going to the links given here.
Step 2: Installing the Mods
Time to connect your Oculus Quest to your PC using that trusty USB-C cable. It’s like connecting two worlds!
Now, if you haven’t already, install SideQuest software on your PC. This nifty tool will help us manage our Oculus Quest like a pro.
Open up SideQuest and spot that inviting “Install APK” button. Give it a click and select the modded APK file you downloaded earlier.
Voila! You’ve just hopped into a time machine. You’re now in the older version of “Gorilla Tag,” and the modding adventure has officially begun.
Step 3: Adding Mod Data
Inside the mod data folder, there’s one special folder waiting for your attention. Highlight it and get ready for the magic.
With SideQuest as your trusty sidekick, drag and drop that mod data folder right into your Oculus Quest’s main storage. Easy peasy!
Step 4: Enabling Mods
It’s Quest Patcher time! Open that folder and highlight it like you’re about to unveil a hidden treasure.
With the power of SideQuest, drag and drop the Quest Patcher folder into your Oculus Quest’s main storage. The door to mod paradise is swinging open!
Step 5: Embrace the Mods
Launch “Gorilla Tag” on your Oculus Quest, and prepare for the adventure of a lifetime.
If you see any prompts asking about data restoration, just wave them off like a true explorer. We’re here for the mods!
Start playing, and let the modded magic unfold. Swing, leap, and conquer like the ultimate virtual gorilla!
Also read: How to get long arms in Gorilla Tag
We’ve walked through the steps, from getting the older version of the game to enabling the mods that will have you swinging through trees and under maps like a pro.